Search results

1. J

rusty gunk build-up on well pump piping

some test results bob, all i have for testing is two pool water test kits water pik test kit (for pools) Tot. Alk. = 110 pH < 6.8 (min. reading possible) Premium Pool Check Test Strips Tot. Alk. ~80 pH ~6.0 (min. reading possible) Tot. Hardness ~120 Okay, so the low pH...
  2. J

some answers: we no longer have that inline filter, by the way. yes, we had acidic water i have not tested it in years for current numbers what am i trying to do? essentially, learn more from the experts about what you would do if your well water had similar such gunk coming out of...
  3. J

when cleaning out a clogged pressure switch input line (2" nipple), it seemed full of a rusty, maroon colored gunk. :( a bit gritty in nature as well. some more info: we are on well water the water tasted bad like iron, so we got a drinking water purifier we do have an acid...
  4. J

Which part has failed in the pressure train?

thanks for the tips. i did the following: removed old pressure switch. cleaned out a bunch of disgusting seemingly iron/rust gunk (i'll post about this separately) examined and wondered about the integrity of the blackish contacts, didn't know if filing them clean and smooth again would...
  5. J

Which part has failed in the pressure train?

System: well pump, wellxtrol bladder thingy well -> pump -> pressure switch -> gauge Symptoms: water has begun cutting off completely during showering Recent Action: i went down to look at system. noticed that pressure was bottomed out (i had set it up years ago to be smth like 30-70...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks