Search results

1. dhla

Musty Smell, New Kohler faucet

We redid our master bath last year. There is a musty smell in the water coming out of a new Kohler faucet for the first few seconds it is on. It then goes away. We've lived in the house for 7 years - didn't have the problem before the remodel - and we don't have the issue from the second...
  2. dhla

Really Dumb Question: Toilet Seats

Not that anyone was waiting for this earth-shattering news, but... I bought the seat from an orange big-box because of a generous 90-day return policy (on a toilet seat no less). They aren't as efficient as a "giant-river" from the Seattle area. ;) But, I'm happy to report that a Toto...
  3. dhla

Thank you so much. Both are Cotton White. Both are elongated. I believe we do have the SS114 and so I will get another and put it on the Kohler. I really appreciate the speedy reply.
  4. dhla

Really dumb question. We have 1 Toto Drake 2 and 1 Kohler Cimarron in our house. My wife prefers the seat on the Toto. Both toilets recent vintage, 1.28gpf - i.e., no need to replace toilet. Can I buy the Toto soft-close seat that we have on the Drake 2 and install on Cimarron? Would it...
  5. dhla

Any idea of shower make?

I need to replace the cartridge - slow dripping. I don't have any idea of the make... No obvious brand marking. The screw is being a little pull off tab in the center of the handle. Didn't want to shut off water to the whole house to pull it out and then go to hardware store. Hoping to know the...
  6. dhla

Pfister Roman Tub Stem Extension

For the record, I now have the official answer - and the actual part. It comes with a valve extension (like a sleeve), a stem extension, and a screw. It would have been incredibly helpful if Pfister updated its website to have both an image and instructions for this part online. Also, for...
  7. dhla

I'm not sure the model that I'm replacing, but I'm replacing it with the 0X6-150R valve body. Because the tile + board is 2" thick, I need the 974-375 extensions. So my original question, which is esoteric, is would anyone happen to know if it comes with both a stem extension and sleeve...
  8. dhla

This may be too esoteric a question, but the PP website is not much help. Has anyone had to install a stem extension with a PP Roman Tub? I'm ordering the 974-375 (2 of them) - do they contain both a sleeve extension and a stem extension? And will I be able to use the existing trim or am a...
  9. dhla

Gas cooktop + ventilation

Got a question that is probably stupid, but I'll risk it and ask it anyway. We have a (natural) gas cooktop in an island. Would like to replace. Will require a new countertop for the island, because of different dimensions for the cooktop. Ideally, because the cooktop is in an island in...
  10. dhla

Did everything work out with Jerry? Hope the referral was good.

Did everything work out with Jerry? Hope the referral was good.
  11. dhla

Hot water out of cold taps - plumber is stumped

Glad to hear it - I hope he does a good job for you... he has always done so for me.
  12. dhla

I also have a very reasonably priced tile guy in LA to recommend if you need him. I would describe him as a "tile savant." But as for plumbers, Jerry has fixed anything I've thrown his way.
  13. dhla

I use Estep & Sons - ask for Jerry Lenett. They are in Van Nuys, CA and phone number is (818) 782-7859.
  14. dhla

GE Whole House Water Filter

Dimensions are exactly the same. There are pictures on this page of the GE website, which looks like my filter... but I looked up the specs and the width of the units is exactly the same. http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=GXWH40L
  15. dhla

GE Whole House Water Filter

I have a GE Whole House Water Filter - GNWH38F. It has worked great as a filter, but it has been very difficult to change the filter (release the pressure to take out the old filter). I had it installed by my plumber, which cost me multiples of the cost of the unit - but I was pleased to have...
  16. dhla

Hot (water)time in the summer

That's what I figured - thank u!
  17. dhla

Hot (water)time in the summer

Got a question - don't know that there's anything I can do to remediate... not sure even where to look, but thought I'd post the situation and see if anyone had any good advice. In the summer (in Los Angeles) when it is hot, if I run the water in the mid/late afternoon, even the cold comes...
  18. dhla

new Smith Effex

I second the question - and just add one other... I know from reading the forum that many of you like Bradford White. Would you wait for BWhite to come out with comparable product?? Thanks.
  19. dhla

P-trap Replacement - leak

Problem solved, but interesting discovery (at least for me)... one part of one company's 1 1/2" ABS p-trap will not necessarily fit with another company's... Had to cut out the other part of the p-trap and glue all new back to the other ABS pipe... not too hard, but more effort than I expected.
  20. dhla

P-trap Replacement - leak

Long-story short... Took apart P-trap to clean out drain in kids' bathroom and accidentally broke "collar" (if that's proper term) that join one part of P-trap (ABS) to the other. It's a 1 1/2" trap. Bought another ABS, 1 1/2" trap to harvest the "U" part and tie into the other part (which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks