Search results

1. 1960 Rancher

DIY Lawn Sprinklers

Well this all started with my wife complaining about her flowers dying everytime she plants them in the front mulched area. She never waters the area even though we frequently water the grass due to the house and lawn being two years old and not growing well and filled with weeds. So I...
  2. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

I got the submersible in this past weekend and all working great except for one issue. When the pump turns on and the system charges up to 50psi and the pump cuts off the guage slowly drops to 45 psi. It takes about 30 - 45 seconds but stops and sits @ 45psi. Could this be due the lack of a...
  3. 1960 Rancher

Waterbug system

Anyone installed a water bug system and integrated it into the pump controller box? I've had one for about two years now and never got around to installing it. I don't like the idea that if a pipe bust that the pump will run and run. Once I get my submersible installed and the WB system...
  4. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

To date I have not gone any further with the submersible pump install. I do have an issue with keeping my jet pump primed. If I run the dishwasher or clotheswasher it will loose the prime on the pump. If I only use enough water to have the pump cycle on and fill the tank the pump will not...
  5. 1960 Rancher

GFCI Outlet Trips with Lights or Fan Switch

Your stating that the outlet trips when shutting off the light or fan? Seems odd but it could put a surge on the neutral causing the outlet to trip. I would replace the outlet and or confirm there is not a short between the neutral and ground. Not sure what the threshold is for a trip but it...
  6. 1960 Rancher

Subpanel Neutral & Ground On Same Bar?

Newer systems take into account that the neutral is a current carring circuit. The ground should not carry current unless there is a fault. From what I can tell is that unless you have a clear seperation from your service conductors of Neutral and ground, anything you do after that to seperate...
  7. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

Thanks Valveman, What are the approximate cost of a CSV and would this go before the bladder tank or after?
  8. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

I do have a question regarding pump size and flow rate. Without knowing the flow rate of the well which I am assuming is good should I base the pump size and flow rate on the house consumption? I don't want to go with a 1hp pump and find that it cycles too much due to the high flow rate. I...
  9. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

I pulled the pipes today and checked the foot valve. The screen was clear and valve worked ok. I had water about 29' down and the overall length of the piping was 107'. I guess I will have to get some another drop pipe cause the one I purchased was only 100'. Not sure how to measure the draw...
  10. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

Gary, Thanks for the reply. I got a one sided 1" threaded pitless adapter from Lowes for $55. So I will stub up a rigid pipe from the pitless to the top of the well for pulling in the future. I have read that I need to drop a poly rope when using PE pipe and fittings to the pump. I will do...
  11. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

Thanks for the input. If you do not use pitless adapters what do you use? And what is the whole pitless? I understand that the pitless adapter is my connection to the well casing for the water supply connection. Plus now I know that the pitless adapter allows removal of the drop pipe and pump...
  12. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

I have a question regarding the drop pipe material and size. What is the best material to use and should I go with 1" or 1-1/4"? PE one piece or something with fittings ? Also should I use a fernco strong back coupling for the PVC to steel casing or will the standard fernco fitting be fine...
  13. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

Still considering my options and the long road. With having spent only so much money to date I am still good incomparison to hiring a professional. I still dislike Jet pumps and the noise and hassle. 1. I would like to have future access to the well without digging. 2. I like the thought...
  14. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

I was considering extending the well casing above ground but won't I still have to dig to the pitless adapter to remove the well piping in the future or will the fitting come apart without direct access?
  15. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

The reason I went with a jet pump is that fact that I did not know what size of drop pipe I had and did not know what my options where at the time. At this point and time I want to move forward with what I've purchased, now that I cannot return the installed pump. I do have a few questions...
  16. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

I want to change the jet to match the new pump and size it according to the well depth. I have increased the pump from 1/2 hp to 1hp. The pump is a Dayton 1D873 1hp. I ordered the 1D883 ejector with comes with multiple venturies and nozzles and a new 1-1/4" brass foot valve. I still need...
  17. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

I sent in a fish tape when replacing pump and new that the tape stopped about 30' from the house. started digging holes looking for the well head. Dug hole to locate in approximate location 28' out and had no luck. Then went back about 5ft from where the pipe was headed and still had no...
  18. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

Well I replaced the stub 90s to the pump this morning with PVC. Went with steel threaded fittings to the PVC 90's. Seems like it is holding up and working. I do wonder why the air gauge needle jumps around so much when the pump is on. It will jump from 5psi to 40 and anywhere in between...
  19. 1960 Rancher

Bad Pump?

Well I bought a new Dayton 1hp pump. Got the old pump out, removed and cleaned the bladder tank. Ran a new 240V circuit to the new pump. Ran all new CPVC pipes from Pump to tank and to house feed. Got the same setup as before other than the new pump and 240v circuit. I also ran a fishtape...
  20. 1960 Rancher

Jet Pump Quit

DId you check the circuit breaker? Does it still have power? Is it 120 or 240v? Are both phases there? If the power is there maybe let it cool down and see if it starts again. Personally if it ran so hot to burn up it should have over loaded the circuit breaker and tripped it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks