Search results

1. jmmec

Need Shower Builder (Lubbock, Tx)

Hi, I posted this over at the John Bridge forum - no luck finding someone in Lubbock, Tx. Maybe someone here is in Lubbock? :confused: ---- I have a friend in Lubbock, Texas, that recently had a new tile shower built. The shower leaks, and her contractor has been "promising to come...
  2. jmmec

How Best to Replace Shower Drain Assembly (Plywood Subfloor)

I'll probably go with Kerdi.... I talked to a guy a tile-experts.com this morning, and I could use the Kerdi KDA drain with my existing clamping drain system, however that would require two mud beds (and the KDA drain is $115). Instead, he suggested using an inside pipe cutter to remove...
  3. jmmec

Kerdi & Clamping Drain I just came across this post on John Bridge: Just talked to David at Experts and indeed the KDA (and another brand new product, KD3) solves the problem of going Kerdi after a clamping drain is installed. I'm going to explore how much $$ it would cost to do Kerdi...
  4. jmmec

Turns out all I needed was your encouragement. :D I was able to get the clamping ring off without too much trouble by gently prying around (and into) the clamping ring with a screwdriver. Of course the liner is trashed, but that's okay. The remaining drain parts look okay, so guess I...
  5. jmmec

Hi, I had a question about how best to remove a drain assembly for a shower, but I posted it in the "Shower" forum, although it is really a "Plumbing" question. Any advice is appreciated: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27215 Thanks!
  6. jmmec

Hi, I had someone start a re-build for a custom shower on a 2nd floor (plywood subfloor). The original shower was not built correctly, and it is costing a lot of $$ to redo it (no warranty). :( The guy working on the shower is at the shower pan phase, and I've figured out that the pre-slope...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks