Search results

1. jasper1372

Frozen outside hose bib leaks in wall when using hose

Let me just add that this really does happen ! I had this happen, but for a slightly different reason. The plumber that installed our frost free faucet in our new home didn't tilt/angle it at enough of a downward angle so when we turned it off, the excess water didn't drain out. We turned it...
  2. jasper1372

Can't Remove Bonnet To Repair Bathtub Faucet

I'm not sure exactly how your faucet comes apart, but assuming it's similar to my Delta tub/shower faucet, this is a trick I learned from this forum a few years ago that helped me tremendously. The bonnet on mine was brass and quite thin. I used channel locks to try and get it off and it...
  3. jasper1372

Question on 2" sewage check valve

I understand you point jh.....if I hadn't seen it happen myself I would doubt it too. Since it was 10 or 12 years ago and in a different house, my memory is not as acute....but trust me, it did happen that way, complete with broken 2" schedule 40 pipe with jagged edges. Fortunately we were...
  4. jasper1372

Question on 2" sewage check valve

We've lived in a couple homes with sewage ejector pumps in the basement which pump the basement sewage/grey water up about 5 or 6 feet into the septic system. In our first home, after about 6 years the check valve failed (wedged closed due to flap breaking off, flap was rubber with slightly...
  5. jasper1372

Frozen Soil Stack Vent

It is currently one inch larger. The plumbing vening inside the house is 2" PVC pipe and up in the attic it goes to the 3" as I mentioned. So it sounds like in our case our plumber should have maybe used 3" venting through the housing envelope and then gone to 4" up in the attic and...
  6. jasper1372

Frozen Soil Stack Vent

We've built two new homes in the past 14 years and both of them have had the same problem with the soil stack (plumbing vent) freezing when the temps get way under zero for a number of days in a row.....you know, a 20 or 25 below kind of thing. Our soil stack is 3" white PVC Pipe and sticks...
  7. jasper1372

sewage ejector pump failing ??

We moved into a new home in September 2003 which has one basement bathroom (toilet, shower and sink) as well as a front load washer which are served by a Wayne DSP410 Sewage Ejector pump (4/10 HP) with a tether switch. Ok...here are the facts. I sometimes tend to get wordy trying to impart...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks