Search results

1. Jwhitman

Adding a sink in the garage

Recently, I added a sink in the garage and really did not want to set the washing machine drain hose set in it. Just seems like a dirty way to drain the water. I opted to follow the attached diagram. Which worked except the sink gets a couple inches of water in it until the washing machine is...
  2. Jwhitman

Plumbing leaking after 8 months?

About 8 month ago I added some plumbing to give me extra cold and hot water lines to install a garage sink. Attached are photos, The bottom stubs are for the sink and the top are for the washer. I added the extra pipe to make a damper. I installed the plumbing and had it open for two months...
  3. Jwhitman

Stainless Steel sink install

I am having trouble installing a stainless steel sink bought from webstaurantstore its 16 x 20 x 12" It installs with screws welded on the bottom of the rim, once placed on the countertop the screw go through with nut on the bottom. The problem is the edge of the sink sits with a gap of...
  4. Jwhitman

Adding a laundry sink

I am installing a laundry sink in the garage Coming out of the wall is a ptrap out of ABS and then a standpipe going up and the washing machine drain hose into that. If I tee (sanitary tee) into the standpipe just after the ptrap and go straight into the sink. Will this work? Can I use a jpipe...
  5. Jwhitman

Bathroom drain help

I do not understand the sizing on drains. I have a sink with 1-3/4" drain hole in it. What size is the correct drain asy diameter to put into the drain hole. I read a standard drain was 1-1/4" but that must not really reflect the sink hole. Because when I measured sink drains in the store the...
  6. Jwhitman

Bathroom sink drain

Just installed a pedestal from Kohler the Memoirs Sately model 2345-8. The faucet I installed was a Moen Caldwell CA84440. The drain leaks from around the threads where the nut tightens the drain flange. I did the job twice and still leaks. Finally, I thought about the drain hole in the sink...
  7. Jwhitman

Connecting chrome brass to plastic pipe

This may seem like a dumb question, but I have to ask. After a recent bathrooom sink installation the drain was offset considerably and the hook a little odd. I started out with brass pipe wall drain and p-trap then a flex up into the sink. The flex leaks where it connects to the p-trap. I just...
  8. Jwhitman

Pedestal sink install and drain alignment

Just install a pedestal sink. The plumbing can't be moved and the drain is not aligned properly. I bought a PVC flex extension and it leaks. I need about a 2" offset in order to work. The wall pipe comes out and just hits the edge of the pedestal, the j pipe connects, but the pivot action will...
  9. Jwhitman

Shower whistling

A couple years ago I converted a tub into a shower. I replaced the shower valve with a Moen. The way it works is you turn the knob to the left to turn it on then adjust left or right for temperature. I am told this is common for hotels. Anyway, a few weeks ago it started to whistle. It seems...
  10. Jwhitman

Hooking up two bathroom fans to one vent

I have a single exhaust fan connected to a 4" duct to a outside vent. I would like to install another fan in a bathroom next to it. I figured just a Y and backdrafts should take care of it, but all the Y's I can find are crimped to flow in the wrong direction. Is there a solution? Any help...
  11. Jwhitman

flexible duct installation

I am finally at the point of installing the duct from the bathroom exhaust fan to the 4" rigid (split seam) duct.I used a 4"aluminum flexable duct. Had to fight to get it on the rigid side a bit small ( sliding it on over the female end of duct. Then on the fan side it was too large. In both...
  12. Jwhitman

Bathroom exhaust fan vent flashing

Last year, I had a new roof installed and the roofer installed the stack or vent flashing. I am not sure what it's called, but it's supposed to be used for a 4" bathroom vent. Now, I am attempting to install this vent duct and noticed it looks just like the one used to cover the vent pipe. What...
  13. Jwhitman

Old work boxes and mounting to studs

I recently removed a new work style switch box and a 4 Octogon fixture box both had brackets extending up above and below the box location. I was carefull not to mess up the drywall. I need to use a steel box due to grounding and would like to mount to the studs. I do not want to damage the...
  14. Jwhitman

Bath tub overflow

I am working on a bath tub overflow. I am aware of the tappered gasket required,but what should be used on the tub side. I hear silicone,plumber puddy. Should it only be used on the top? Thanks, J
  15. Jwhitman

Dishwasher vent install

I am planning to install a vent for the drain line ont he dishwasher. First off it seems odd the vent part has two different size nipples on it. If I am removing the hose from the garbage disposal and putting it to the vent. Thent he other side of the vent to the disposal should the nipples be...
  16. Jwhitman

bath tub wall kit

Installed a tub wall kit and have used polyseamseal kitchen and Bath Ultra. This was a new wall kit with an existing tub. I scrapped (with razer blade) and thoughly cleaned (with alcohol) before installing the caulking betweeen the walls and tub ledge. I heated the room to 80deg to ensure curing...
  17. Jwhitman

Dishwasher install

I am doing a dishwasher install on a whirlpool GU2700. all went well until the mounting to the counter top. The unit is level and positioned nicely, when screwing the unit the counter it distorts it somehow and the door closes funny. With out the unit screwed into the counter the door opens and...
  18. Jwhitman

Caulking nightmare on tub wall kit install

I installed a tub wall kit recently and the install went well. I waited 5 days to take the first shower and with-in 3 days one area od the caulking between the tub and the wall started to peal off the tub side and then as I scratched it with my finger nail it flacked away. I cleaned the area up...
  19. Jwhitman

Tub wall support

recently, I installed a tub wall kit. Pretty straight forward except the final step. I noticed when getting ready to silicone the area between the bottom of the tub wall and the tub ledge that one section of wall would move( only at the bottom) the prep included green board 1/4" above the tub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks