Search results

1. Jwhitman

Adding a sink in the garage

Recently, I added a sink in the garage and really did not want to set the washing machine drain hose set in it. Just seems like a dirty way to drain the water. I opted to follow the attached diagram. Which worked except the sink gets a couple inches of water in it until the washing machine is...
  2. Jwhitman

Plumbing leaking after 8 months?

About 8 month ago I added some plumbing to give me extra cold and hot water lines to install a garage sink. Attached are photos, The bottom stubs are for the sink and the top are for the washer. I added the extra pipe to make a damper. I installed the plumbing and had it open for two months...
  3. Jwhitman

Stainless Steel sink install

I was referring to the outside edge sitting on top of the counter. The inside portion would be fitted into the 1/4" cut away. Also perhaps, I can roll up some plumbers putty to tuck into the underside of the rounded edge. Then a bead of silicone between the lip and the countertop. Is seems like...
  4. Jwhitman

I do not think there is any other choice. It is a laminate countertop, so the outermost edge with rest on the countertop and if I rolled up some plumbers putty and tucked it into the rounded underside would that not also help the seal?
  5. Jwhitman

The screws are not the problem. They aren’t bottoming out and the nuts are clear. Can I router a 1/4” notch around the countertop sink hole so it will drop flat, but still sit flush on the very outside edge?
  6. Jwhitman

I am having trouble installing a stainless steel sink bought from webstaurantstore its 16 x 20 x 12" It installs with screws welded on the bottom of the rim, once placed on the countertop the screw go through with nut on the bottom. The problem is the edge of the sink sits with a gap of...
  7. Jwhitman

Adding a laundry sink

I am installing a laundry sink in the garage Coming out of the wall is a ptrap out of ABS and then a standpipe going up and the washing machine drain hose into that. If I tee (sanitary tee) into the standpipe just after the ptrap and go straight into the sink. Will this work? Can I use a jpipe...
  8. Jwhitman

Bathroom drain help

The sink is a pedestal from Kohler the Memoirs Stately model 2345-8. The faucet I installed was a Moen Caldwell CA84440. The the hole in the sink is 1-3/4" .Is this standard? Called Kohler and they said that model sink used a standard drain. I measured a bunch of sinks in the store and most...
  9. Jwhitman

Bathroom drain help

I do not understand the sizing on drains. I have a sink with 1-3/4" drain hole in it. What size is the correct drain asy diameter to put into the drain hole. I read a standard drain was 1-1/4" but that must not really reflect the sink hole. Because when I measured sink drains in the store the...
  10. Jwhitman

Bathroom sink drain

Tried the plumbers putty it did not work. How about Teflon tape? or other types of sealers. Also I tightened the big nut by hand. Should it be tighter? How much tighter? Could the 1-3/4 drain hole still be the problem? When I took it back apart today and measured the hole at 1.75" and the stem...
  11. Jwhitman

Bathroom sink drain

Just installed a pedestal from Kohler the Memoirs Sately model 2345-8. The faucet I installed was a Moen Caldwell CA84440. The drain leaks from around the threads where the nut tightens the drain flange. I did the job twice and still leaks. Finally, I thought about the drain hole in the sink...
  12. Jwhitman

Connecting chrome brass to plastic pipe

This may seem like a dumb question, but I have to ask. After a recent bathrooom sink installation the drain was offset considerably and the hook a little odd. I started out with brass pipe wall drain and p-trap then a flex up into the sink. The flex leaks where it connects to the p-trap. I just...
  13. Jwhitman

Pedestal sink install and drain alignment

Just install a pedestal sink. The plumbing can't be moved and the drain is not aligned properly. I bought a PVC flex extension and it leaks. I need about a 2" offset in order to work. The wall pipe comes out and just hits the edge of the pedestal, the j pipe connects, but the pivot action will...
  14. Jwhitman

Shower whistling

A couple years ago I converted a tub into a shower. I replaced the shower valve with a Moen. The way it works is you turn the knob to the left to turn it on then adjust left or right for temperature. I am told this is common for hotels. Anyway, a few weeks ago it started to whistle. It seems...
  15. Jwhitman

Hooking up two bathroom fans to one vent

I have a single exhaust fan connected to a 4" duct to a outside vent. I would like to install another fan in a bathroom next to it. I figured just a Y and backdrafts should take care of it, but all the Y's I can find are crimped to flow in the wrong direction. Is there a solution? Any help...
  16. Jwhitman

flexible duct installation

I am finally at the point of installing the duct from the bathroom exhaust fan to the 4" rigid (split seam) duct.I used a 4"aluminum flexable duct. Had to fight to get it on the rigid side a bit small ( sliding it on over the female end of duct. Then on the fan side it was too large. In both...
  17. Jwhitman

Old work boxes and mounting to studs

I need to use a metal box to complete the grounding. What I meant was the new work metal boxes with the brackets spot wedded on then. I believe they are called new work boxes. In order to install them I would need to tear out at least a each of drywall at the top and bottom of the current hole...
  18. Jwhitman

Bathroom exhaust fan vent flashing

Last year, I had a new roof installed and the roofer installed the stack or vent flashing. I am not sure what it's called, but it's supposed to be used for a 4" bathroom vent. Now, I am attempting to install this vent duct and noticed it looks just like the one used to cover the vent pipe. What...
  19. Jwhitman

Old work boxes and mounting to studs

I recently removed a new work style switch box and a 4 Octogon fixture box both had brackets extending up above and below the box location. I was carefull not to mess up the drywall. I need to use a steel box due to grounding and would like to mount to the studs. I do not want to damage the...
  20. Jwhitman

Bath tub overflow

after installing the overflow cap, I see a gap in the top and bottom.There are tabs that offset the cover or cap from sitting flush on the tub. When the shower is going won't this allow water to enter the drain from the top portion that is open? I bought a new overflow cover and it has a gap on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks