Search results

1. hhcibtpaun

Hot water heater - mystery part?

thanks. I was able to pull the piece out of the part I took off and stick it back in the pipe, so I assume that should be sufficient? Thanks...Mike
  2. hhcibtpaun

Thanks. So, I did that search and I found just the plastic inserts and actual nipples that have them. Would I want to replace the nipples, or just the plastic pieces? Thanks...Mike
  3. hhcibtpaun

Hey Folks, So, I am finishing up my PEX project and pulled off the inlet and outlet pipes on my hot water heater and found a "mystery" part. I unthreaded the pipes and found some plastic pieces - one came off and one stayed in the HWH. Can someone tell me what this is, and do I need it? I...
  4. hhcibtpaun

First time PEX Project - Finalizing Install

The pex pipe I am using is the uponor stuff that has red and/or blue text on them, so they are color coded.
  5. hhcibtpaun

Good point. I may have some extra valves. Originally I was going to have a 1" valve leading into each manifold, so I could shut off each manifold and have even been second guessing that. Each fixture will have a valve at the fixture. The manifold with all the open ports is the hot manifold...
  6. hhcibtpaun

Thanks Reach4. For posterity, I contacted Uponor and they answered all my questions. 1. I can use spray foam (as long as it calls out polyurethane) and the expansion is more on the length and not the diameter. 2. For the seating/gaps I might have on the manifold. If I can stick a credit...
  7. hhcibtpaun

Folks, Well, I am finally rounding the corner on my first time (whole house) PEX project. I am using the expansion fittings (bought the Milwaukee tool). I must say that tool is very nice and everything seems to be working out pretty good. Before I finalize everything I had some questions on...
  8. hhcibtpaun

Do I need to pressure test my drains/vents?

I think I have some plumber grease somewhere...I think that is what I used to assemble it originally.... Thanks...Mike
  9. hhcibtpaun

Thanks everyone, I will see if I can get the duck butter or elephant jizz; otherwise I will just use the liquid soap. Mike
  10. hhcibtpaun

Thanks. Not sure where to source elephant jizz :D.
  11. hhcibtpaun

so, I ordered the Black Swan no hub sealant and it looks like it does not work with PVC. So, I plan to use in on the hub of the CI that I will push my Fernco Donut into. I also have a shielded coupling I am using to connect pvc to CI. I will use it on the CI side of the connection. Should I...
  12. hhcibtpaun

Drains need to be tweaked...what to do...

Sorry. Basically, that last picture I highlighted shows the pipe is not totally perpendicular. I think the pipe popped out, so I was so concerned with holding in an awkward spot, when the glue dried it was off. SO, I just wanted to get it back to perpendicular. If I cut at the ping line in...
  13. hhcibtpaun

Thanks. I looked right past that. I can probably do that. I can hopefully get above the orange wire coming in through the wall; then I will just rebuild the piece with two elbows. To the left of the image, that downpipe does not connect to anything. Thanks...Mike
  14. hhcibtpaun

Hey folks, I was trying to finalize my drain project today and I may have rushed. Now I need to step back and re-evaluate (so much for rushing). Here is what I have. The areas highlighted in green were tweaked a bit when I was gluing together. They popped out while I was seating them, so...
  15. hhcibtpaun

Bathroom trap sizes and fitting selection...

Thanks Jeff. I think I may pad out the wall that it is on, since I probably need a 1/4" to cover it. I just wanted to make sure that any stresses I was inducing by strapping would not weaken or or crack the glue. Thanks....Mike
  16. hhcibtpaun

Folks, So, I got my vents run to the roof. A 3 inch and 2 inch. On the 3" vent it runs up a2x4 wall for about 6 feet before it enters the attic. From where it enter the connector at the bottom to where it goes through the top plate if I do nothing, the pipe diverges from the wall by about...
  17. hhcibtpaun

Thanks john and Jeff. Any special lube? I have seen black swan sealant mentioned here. I guess I just need to figure out where to cut the plumbing to make the fix....I think before I just used plumbers grease, but sparingly. So more grease or the black swan or similar sealant? Thanks...Mike
  18. hhcibtpaun

So, I tested a few sections and generally speaking I am pleased so far. I had a leak at the tub drain, but i never puttied that in, I was more concerned with the pipes. My next test will be with the drain properly sealed. I had an issue in my basement. The first test I did I missed blocking...
  19. hhcibtpaun

Thanks for all of you input Jeff. Greatly appreciated. I assumed it would breathe, but I will just do it to meet code. No one will be inspecting it anyway :), but just in case. The original configuration was the one 3" vent out of the stack and no individual fixture vents. My thinking was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks