Search results

1. H

Water Meter Inlet Valve

Thank you and HJ for the information. Mine is parallel to the pipe so I will assume for now it is open. Since the meter valve has always been closed (never opened since installation) do you think any water has gotten into the pipe beyond the meter over the last 5 years?
  2. H

Adding a sink in the garage.

Just for general information and to get back on track a little, with regards to notching the studs for the 2" pipe: If you did the job neat and accurate, how much should remain of the 2x4 after you notch it to clear a fitting like the elbows in the picture? 4" lumber is nominally 3.5", what...
  3. H

No water from faucet!

You have checked the aerator on the faucet spout, correct? Remove and check for rust/debris.
  4. H

Water Meter Inlet Valve

The supply was a new installation that was never connected in the basement, it has a cap sweated on it. I just wanted to be sure it is closed at the meter before starting work in the house. It has been sitting like this for 5 years and was never opened, the house has been on the existing well...
  5. H

Water Meter Inlet Valve

I just wanted to confirm, in the attached picture the valve on the 1" inlet is CLOSED, is this correct? The arrow on top is pointing away from the meter. The two holes that are lined up to place a lock or seal thru wold lock it in the closed position, is that right? I would rotate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks