Search results

1. SilverFox52

70s push/pull shower/tub faucet repair parts

Other bath with handle off...
  2. SilverFox52

Here's the faucet... We're planning to remodel the other bath this spring to a walk in shower, naturally, that one isn't leaking yet.
  3. SilverFox52

Both baths in our house are equipped with these, there are no identifying marks or features on the faucet but the tub drain covers have "Standard" on them so presume they are American Standard. The main bath faucet leaks in certain positions so I need to rebuild or replace, would be nice if...
  4. SilverFox52

Delta 600 Shower control ID

Thanks for confirmation Terry!
  5. SilverFox52

Sorry for my late reply, life got in the way of getting back. Here are pictures you requested...
  6. SilverFox52

Thanks for your reply Terry. I can, but it will probably be next week at the earliest. Am reluctant to remove parts in fear of not being able to find replacements and end up with a much bigger problem. The faucets only leak during use and if access wasn't such a major issue, I'd just replace...
  7. SilverFox52

Have a 1996 mobile home at our lake place with leaky shower controls. They are single lever style with an acrylic handle and the only ID is "City Faucet" in scripted on the surround. I can't easily removed a cartridge because I'd need to shut water off, remove the cartridge, and take to nearest...
  8. SilverFox52

Water level in an air over hydro tank

Update: Pulled the old pump today, and it was the original pump installed when the house was built in 1971, it is an F.E.Meyers 3/4hp pump date coded 6/71. Confirmed my system has a single bleeder installed just below the pitless adapter which is 2.5' below ground level. There were no holes in...
  9. SilverFox52

I've decided to call a pro, not because I need them to install an AVC or replace the check valve and schrader valve, but because of my concern about the possibility of a hole in the downpipe, and that's something I don't want to tackle. I'll finally know why my system was installed this way...
  10. SilverFox52

It is indeed a 6" steel casing. At this point, I would prefer to stay away from a system wide upgrade, just don't want to deal with the hassle and expense, not that I can't afford it, but if I can fix the situation without going that route, that's what I want to do. However, I also want to...
  11. SilverFox52

It is on the check valve on the tank inlet and already has a cap over it. I don't have water hammering or big air inrush when the pump cycles on, just a lot of gurgling and the subsequent pressurized air in my lines due to too much air in my tank. If I have to pull the pump, everything will...
  12. SilverFox52

Worked fine for a couple days but the air returned yesterday. If I pull the well cap, would I be able to see the bleeder valve/s? If there is a hole in the down pipe, it would have to be above the static water level right? If so, shouldn't I be able to see water escaping during a visual...
  13. SilverFox52

I'm going to run it as is for now and see what happens. If the air in my lines returns, I'll call a pro. Thanks for all the feedback and I'll update this thread if anything changes.
  14. SilverFox52

Here is a picture of my tank, as installed in 1970 or 1971: We bought our house in 1990, and to my knowledge, the tank and pump are original. I know for a fact nothing has been changed since we took ownership. Yes, it's an air over hydro steel tank. My problem was air coming out of all...
  15. SilverFox52

Thanks for the feedback. Valveman's sticky topic about pressure tank maintenance was very helpful in understanding how these systems work. Just wanted to confirm air release and AVC were the same thing. My system does not have an AVC, never has. As mentioned in my post a couple years back...
  16. SilverFox52

Where is the air release located - above ground or on the down pipe in the casing?
  17. SilverFox52

Got it figured out. I drained the tank to empty through an outdoor faucet, removed the plug to release any residual air pressure (just a puff), reinstalled the plug, and turned the pump back on. Water level is now at 49" and I am sure I won't have any more air in my lines after this. :cool...
  18. SilverFox52

What, approximately, should the level of water be in an 83gal air over hydro tank? My water level at pressure shut off is approximately 16" from the bottom and my tank is 60" tall. Should the water level be somewhere around 1/2 to 2/3 tank volume? I have pinpointed my water level with an...
  19. SilverFox52

Upgrading storage tank

Thanks for all the replies. I will try to drain the tank this weekend. I have a floor drain in the laundry room, so all I have to do is move an area rug and open it up. I'll post back after I've given this a try. Sure would be nice to get rid of this monstrosity, having it indoors...
  20. SilverFox52

Upgrading storage tank

We've lived here for 19 years and until the last few months have never had a problem. I've never added air to the system, never knew it was necessary. I don't hear air entering the tank everytime it cycles. Sometimes I hear gurgling in the tank when the pump kicks on, other times it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks