Search results

1. Tomw

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

I installed a Champion 4 toilet in my house about 6 months ago. When I set the toilet on the wax ring, I didn't notice it being particularly difficult, but I am not familiar with many other toilets and their relative weights. I had installed Kohler Wellworth lite 3.5 gal flush toilets...
  2. Tomw

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Just curious - Why would you replace the tank? That seems pretty drastic.
  3. Tomw

Wow! That's quite a story. Grading the best toilets, the ones that work!
  4. Tomw

villeroy and boch

That's what I thought at first, but the dimensions don't seem to add up. The toilet is 24 7/8" from the back of the tank to the front of the toilet. A standard round front toilet seat is 16.5" from the front of the bowl to the bolt holes. The tank is 8.25" wide. If you subtract 16.5 from...
  5. Tomw

villeroy and boch

That thing looks really small - more like a kids toilet. You should probably look at one before ordering it. Full-size people might have a problem with it.
  6. Tomw

villeroy and boch

3" where? The V&B Twist is is 29.25" from the wall to the front of the bowl the wall. I just measured my American Standard Cadet 3 and it measures about 29" and it is 4" shorter in height.
  7. Tomw

This adjustment is really not critical - you just want to make sure that your level is not so high that it overflows into the overflow tube (in this case, your water will never shut off) or too low and getting an inadequate amount of water for your flush. The 3/8" adjustment American Standard...
  8. Tomw

It sounds like the toilet is not refilling properly. Your water spot should look something like this: If not, the toilet is not refilling properly. Look for the white tube in the picture below. It must be inserted into the overflow tube (the large white tube with the blue top) and not...
  9. Tomw

Euopean Toilet install

It looks like it is a washdown design similar to the Caroma. I think this is what you have except that you have a washlet type seat. http://www.laufen.com/usa/servlet/portal?codpage=productdetail&productid=824958&designline=01A1&sesid=2298215508900&ppais=US&planguage=EN
  10. Tomw

Euopean Toilet install

It would help if you could post what make and model of toilet it is.
  11. Tomw

researching toilets

The MAP rating of 1000 shows that the toilet has a lot of reserve flushing power and a toilet rated 1000 is definitely going to flush better than a toilet with a 500 rating. A rating of 1000 means that it will flush at least 1000g. They don't test over 1000g. The MAP rating isn't...
  12. Tomw

I bought three Cadet 3 one piece, ADA height, elongated toilets recently. All three of them were perfect - no flaws. They were very easy to install and they sit perfectly flat and level. The flushing performance is phenomenal. They are MAP rated at 1000. The bowl wash is very effective and the...
  13. Tomw

Gwyneth does 1.28 flush as good as 1.6 Drake?

Is Toto discontinuing their 1.6 gal flush toilets? The only thing on the MAP testing 13th edition is 1.28 Gal flush toilets. https://www.map-testing.com/
  14. Tomw

Toto Eco Drake - finish quality not as expected

The back side of the tank is not normally glazed - at least it isn't on any of my American Standard toilets.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks