Search results

1. famattjr

Replaced flapper but tank still leaking slightly into bowl

So, I just got 11 months out of my last replacement Korky flapper model #2023 BP labeled "Genuine Toto Universal Flapper" that Toto recommends. Did not use any drop-in cleaners in tank or other chemicals. Cleaned off the flapper and flush valve surface with a cloth, no help, several times turned...
  2. famattjr

Replaced flapper but tank still leaking slightly into bowl

Toto does not make their parts, Lavelle Industries owns Korky and makes all the Toto flappers that come with the toilets and also the replacement flappers, whether they bear the Toto or the Korky name. This has been told to me by the people at the Toto support site.
  3. famattjr

Toto Drake - should I have to hold the flush lever?

I'm with you. No matter what you do with chain length, flapper, flush valve, fill valve, you do not get a good flush unless you hold the handle down. And if there are any solids in the bowl- forget it, you definitely have to hold it down a second or so. Also, keep your toilet auger ready-I have...
  4. famattjr

Basement trap under bathtub

Thanks. This was installed in the late 30's. The 1 1/2" galvanized coming out of that trap runs 5' into the 4" cast iron soil stack, via a wye on the cast, which rises right up to the roof. The only other vent in the house is for the kitchen sink which at the opposite end of the house. This...
  5. famattjr

Thank you both
  6. famattjr

Hi, when I get done replacing my old galvanized 2" waste pipe taking the kitchen sink water from the front of the house I want to replace this trap shown. Coming down from the bathtub above, when the bath was re done 10 years ago, they ran a flexible nipple from the drain into an 1 1/2", it...
  7. famattjr

Sewage Check valve - combating the city's sewer system

Not a pro-but I have a similar problem, have a backflow preventer in the line, it's got a one way flapper and a wheeled gate valve. I relied on the flapper this time, big mistake, either the surge overwhelmed it or something was stuck, I got a foot of sewer water. I forget the brand, but it's...
  8. famattjr

Undersink water filter recommendation?

Anyone have experience with a good brand/model of an undersink water filter system? I have a GE one I installed where the faucet is leaking and a new faucet cartridge to fix it is going to cost about as much as a new one. I'm not a filter fanatic, I'd like a single filter system that is...
  9. famattjr

Toto Flapper help

Thanks. I had shortened the chain by moving the clip but did not cut off the links I bypassed. I just shortened it a little more and that helps since the flapper goes up at a higher angle when you flush and stays there an instant, so you don't have to keep the handle depressed. Then I had a...
  10. famattjr

Toto Flapper help

I replaced my fill valve in a Toto toilet so I decided to replace the flapper also which was about 10 years old, with a Korky 3" flapper, the one that has an adjustment feature. But the old white one, shown on top of the tank here, had a "fin" on the opposite side that held it open once you...
  11. famattjr

Help! Toto flapper replacement

"Counterbalanced" flapper? I replaced my fill valve in a toto toilet so I decided to replace the flapper also which was about 10 years old, with a Korky 3" flapper, the one that has an adjustment feature. But the old white one, shown on top of the tank here, had a "fin" on the opposite side...
  12. famattjr

Undersink waste pipe leak

As hopefully shown in the attached diagram, my under kitchen sink wastepipes have a vertical nipple, (1 1/2" OD pvc) coming down into an old J trap, then the short end of the J trap goes into a compression el, then into a straight nipple. I don't have one of those nipples with the 90 degree...
  13. famattjr

New sump pump question-cycles frequently

I just had new pumps installed in my sump. I have a high water table, I have french drains feeding a lot of water, especially during storms, into my sump. My sump liner is a standard plastic one sold in Home Depot, 20" in diameter, 25"deep. My old pump, while high in hp, could not keep up...
  14. famattjr

Replacing hot water baseboard heating

Today I put a new cover assembly in w/out replacing the actual heating element & it was a PITA. I did not want to drain the system & sweat a new element in, complicated by fact it was in a small bathroom (a 30" Slant Fin unit). Due to being in the bathroom, the outside sheet metal parts were...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks