Search results

1. altadata

Shower and tub water at the same time

Oh yes you are all tough ha ha. So anyway you didn't answer my question. Given my options, I'll try to find "two 1/2" brass nipples of the appropriate length and join them with a brass coupling" but if I cannot find these, my next option is to use 3/4" PEX tubing and fittings for 3/4" . The...
  2. altadata

Here is a picture. You can see that the spout is stable because all the fittings are metal and the one at the end is screwed in the 2x4 wood. The valve ( the big piece in the picture ) comes with the 4 openings threaded ( you need to screw in an adaptor anyway ). I was thinking that...
  3. altadata

Thanks for all the answers. Yes, I used PEX ( plastic ) pipe for all connections ( 1/2 inch PEX ). Yes I think the reason for my problem is that the pipe from the valve to the tub spout should be copper instead of PEX - I can see it now specified in the instructions. At this point, what do you...
  4. altadata

Hi... In a new bathroom installation in the basement, I installed a new shower and tub faucet ( Moen brand ). I followed all installation instructions including the sizing of the pipes , height and placement of various parts. The problem is that when the water is supposed to come out from the...
  5. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

Can I have answers 1) 2) 3) to the questions posted in post #22 ( https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=184381&postcount=22 ) Thx.
  6. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

Hi Guys, The weekend is approaching and I plan to do this project this weekend. I need 3 answers - if you could shed some light I appreaciate it: 1) I can put a 2" vent pipe for the toilet, and then put a reducer 2" to 1.5" and then connect to the 1.5" vent pipe at the top of the ceiling...
  7. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

Why not? In my case the answer is because the pipe that will be feeding the air into this 2" vent pipe is a 1.5' anyway ( I mean the pipe coming from upstairs that I will tie into venting all these fixtures in the basement is a 1.5" ). Is still a good idea to use a 2" pipe?
  8. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

I'm in Ontario and I beleive that 1.5" vent for closet is accepted, if I'm reading the plumbing code correctly. Here is the section on the plumbing code that relates to this ( please see image ). I'm not using a wet vent and the table shows for a 3 inch trap I need minimum 1.5 inch vent.
  9. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

Here is a picture of what I'm trying to do ( bathroom in the basement ). The red and blue portion are the proposed changes. Everything else is existing piping. Please let me know if there is something wrong. Thanks.
  10. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

Do you mean that this proflex coupling with rubber on the inside and a steel layer on the outside is not code safe in many areas? I'd like to know how you would make no gap between the endings that meet under the coupling, given that: 1) The original pipe cannot be moved. The upper end and...
  11. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

When using this Proflex coupling, what is the max distance between the 2 pipe ends? Can it be 1.5 inch ( the distance of the sleeve of a 3 inch diameter pipe )? This way I can cut the pipe to fit a Y fitting, slide and glue ne end of the fitting and use the Proflex to connect at the other end?
  12. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

Are these code approved and does Home Depot have them? If not, who has them? And finally can I use them buried under the basement floor? Thx.
  13. altadata

toilet flange

I'm putting in the piping for a new toilet in the basement. All piping and fittings are PVC. The piping is 3 inch. I bought a toilet flange that is 4 inch diameter on the outside and 3 inch on the inside. It will slide in top of the 3 inch piping. 1) Am I supposed to apply cement when I...
  14. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

I also read about "repair coupling", the one that does not have a stop in the midle, you slide it on one pipe, put cement and slide it over. I feel more comfortable with these. Can I use these in both cases ( above and below )?
  15. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

I do have a buried connection ( the horizontal pipe is under the basement floor ) - I'm not sure if this is what you meant by buried connection. The other pipe ( the vertical one ) is not buried. So which one I should use for which?
  16. altadata

Modifying existing pipe

Hi I have 2 problems similar in nature. 1) I need to install a Y fitting in a already existing 3 inch vertical pipe that runs from the basement floor up into the first floor. If I cut this pipe, how can I insert the Y fitting, since I cannot move the upper part or lower part of the pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks