Search results

1. N

Refrigerator Water Line

Hi, Is plastic or copper tubing best for the refrigerator water line --or should I use a braided steel one? Our refrigerator has a plastic water line coming up from the floor and I want to make sure this is the right one -- I keep reading conflicting things. Thanks.
  2. N

Thermal Expansion Bypass

Hi, Can someone explain to me how the thermal expansion bypass on a water pressure regulator works? Like, after the water heater shuts off, is the regulator supposed to readjust the pressure back down or what? I can't tell if we need to get an expansion tank. The pressure went up to 95...
  3. N

Water pressure regulator

Yeah, there's some noise in the upstairs bathroom. It's not that bad, apparently only I can hear it (I'm sensitive). Definitely helps if people didn't close the faucets so fast. Not enough room under the sink to put water hammer arrestors. Also slight tapping noise in the downstairs bathroom...
  4. N

Water pressure regulator

The street pressure, or the main water pressure from the street, is 80 psi. Whether that is consistent or not is not something the water company seems to guarantee. I'm pretty sure the thermal bypass works because I checked the pressure when the dishwasher (thus the water heater) was running...
  5. N

Water pressure regulator

The PRV has a thermal expansion bypass, which explains why the static pressure stayed around 60 when the water heater was running. Still doesn't explain the spikes past 75, which is the max of the PRV. I guess I'll call around for estimates at this point.
  6. N

Water pressure regulator

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I was hoping to get some advice before I call a professional. We have a Watts N35B pressure regulator with a range of 25-75 psi, set to a standard of 50. I measured the pressure (with a watts gauge) at the front hose and it was 60 psi (give or take a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks