Search results

1. jaobrien6

Can't remove handle hub on Moen Monticello 2 handle faucet

Well, I finally got it apart. I just couldn't get a strong enough grip on the escutcheon, even with vise grips. I finally drilled a hole through the escutcheon and fed some wire from a coat hanger through the hole to give me something to grip better. Came right apart after that. Now I guess...
  2. jaobrien6

It is not a widespread, it is a 4" model. I already tried unscrewing it, and it doesn't unscrew. I went to a local plumbing supply house (where I got the replacement parts), and they took one apart for me to show me how it comes apart. I also found the instructions and parts list on moen.com...
  3. jaobrien6

The plastic part inside my Moen Monticello 2 handle faucet broke, and the handle came off. I got the replacement part, but I have to unscrew the bell-shaped handle hub in order to replace the part. The problem is, it won't unscrew, it just spins, and the chrome escutcheon just spins with it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks