Search results

1. B

Adding new bath - need help with DWV please

I got it finished last weekend...the crawl space is between 24" and 32"...that sucks! I was able to get the 2" all the way up to the lavatory drain. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice! I will try to post pictures a bit later.
  2. B

I now have 1 more question. Starting at the 3" pipe, the lavatory/shower drain connects via 2" pipe (3"x3"x2" wye). It travels as 2" to the shower wye (2"x2"x2"). It then continues as a 2" pipe and then uses a 1/4 turn to go vertical up the middle of the wall (the wall that the lavatory is...
  3. B

Now it all makes sense (my last reply, what someone told me). Pictures DO say 1000 words! Thanks so much for the reply and the drawing! I will put it into action this weekend. Again, a big THANK YOU !!!!
  4. B

Someone has given me another way, but I wanted to see what any pros out there think (explanation below so that nobody will think that I have pipes running on the floor ;-) The bath sink dumps into the wet vent. The vent continues down to a quarter bend where it continues toward the toilet...
  5. B

"If the line to the lavatory is under the floor, it needs its own vent, and if it is above the floor, where it would not need a separate vent, you are going to have to step over it every time you go into the shower." From what I have read, under the IRC the maximum length of a fixture arm...
  6. B

I'm adding a bathroom and need help running the DWV lines. I went under the house today to hook up the hot/cold supply for this new bathroom. I noticed that the current setup (built in '71) for the bathroom is as follows: The main CI line 3" comes from the tank and goes through the crawl space...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks