Search results

1. X

PVC or Cast Iron to repair waste pipe. Please Help

Thanks Thanks for the help gentlemen.What i learned is worth as much as i saved.
  2. X

PVC or Cast Iron to repair waste pipe. Please Help

This photo is of the ceiling below the bathroom. I removed the cracked waste line about three inches from main waste stack. I assumed i would break lead seal and replace with rubber boot ( i apologize if thats not the right term) and replace broken pipe with PVC. It was suggested to me that the...
  3. X

Need advice about replacing waste pipe

corrected orientation sorry about that. That break was in a ceiling of a lower bathroom. I cut the pipe right after a 90 degree elbow going up to the toilet flange in the upstairs bathroom. Does this info help you help me?
  4. X

Need advice about replacing waste pipe

I need to bother you nice people for a bit of advice. I removed a cracked waste line that ran from toilet flange to waste stack. I cut pipe at crack ( a few inches from hub ( forgive me if i'm not using correct term) figuring to break lead connection and convert to PVC. A counter guy said i...
  5. X

Question concerning cracked waste flange

The crack is at the point where the lead does not blend. Also, you are seeing correctly, there are no screws under the wax. The thinset was spread right up to the waste pipe.
  6. X

two pix of flange I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me. You're ever in new york,look me up and i'll buy you a drink. :) Hope these two pictures shed some light. mike
  7. X

When i removed toilet to replace wax ring i found a crack in the flange that the toilet bolts go thru. The crack is between the bolt slot and just where the flange meets the waste pipe. If that piece is welded, then that weld is what failed. I believe it probably happened from not tending to a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks