Search results

1. J

Ceramic Tile - thinset and tile gaps

95% of the tile is in contact with the thinset and doesn't have a hollow sound. I have access to the area that appears to be lifting above the thinset.... isn't it possible to inject more thinset or some construction adhesive into the gap area? My concern is stepping on the tile and cracking...
  2. J

Ceramic Tile - thinset and tile gaps

I'm renovating my bathroom, and just finished laying the ceramic tile. During the installation process, I realized that there was some unlevel areas on the floor.... I dealt with them as best I could, but was having some issues keeping some tiles in full contact with the thinset (one side would...
  3. J

Fixing a crack in poured foundation....

After starting some reno projects, I have found a few cracks in my poured foundation. I have not experienced any leaking problems from these cracks, but there are signs that some minor leaking has occurred sometime in the past (before I lived in the house). Can I fix these myself? How can I...
  4. J

Can a Toilet pipe sink and rise again?

Thanks for the quick feedback. I assumed as much, but wanted to make sure. I'm going to redesign my layout to make the toilet work on this side of the obstruction. Krow, you're right, I probably could tap into the other pipe, but I would prefer to leave well enough alone. That pipe is...
  5. J

Can a Toilet pipe sink and rise again?

I need to move my toilet to the other side of my basement bathroom. Using a jackhammer, I ripped out the concrete only to discover a large 4" pipe running parallel to my existing toilet pipe, but it is exactly in the way. My new toilet has to be on the other side of that pipe (which is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks