Search results

1. dimprov

Any issues in using propylene glycol in a tankless?

Non-potable. Closed-loop hydronic system for heating. Exterior, wall-mounted unit. Any issues with performance, maintenance, warranties, etc.? If it matters, I'm gravitating toward a Rinnai. I'm dealing with meager data and unscientific anecdotes, but it points toward Rinnai as being...
  2. dimprov

How quiet is a Rinnai tankless, *really*?

I'm considering the purchase of multiple Rinnai tankless hot water heaters for a remodelling project where maintaining quiet is one of the design objectives. Rinnai claims its tankless units are quiet, and claims a noise level of 49 db(a) across its range of tankless models--see attached...
  3. dimprov

Ever see a lead toilet connection like this before?

It apparently penetrats the slab, and then somehow was grafted/soldered to regular 3" PVC below. But how did they do it? I presume they used lead because it could deform (which, as you can see, it apparently did) when the slab was poured and subsequently expanded? But why go to such an...
  4. dimprov

Is a wall-mount toilet vented the same as a floor-mount toilet?

Is a wall-mount toilet vented the same as a floor-mount toilet? David
  5. dimprov

Will this level entry shower design work?

I could use some advice on whether a remodel design for a level entry shower will work. Basically: beforeF.png is the as-built floorplan for a guest bathroom and part of a laundry.room. beforeR.jpg is a rendering of the as-built guest bathroom. afterF.jpg is the remodelled guest bathroom. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks