Search results

1. Gecko

How to remove drop pipe from Grundfos SP

I've pulled my 29 year old Grundfos 25S20 pump, it was on 1 1/4 galvanized pipe which is in need of replacement. The pump appears to have a 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 bushing screwed into it. This is the older style Grundfos, nothing solid to hang onto with a wrench. There is only about 1/4" or less...
  2. Gecko

Protection for 3 phase pump

With the CSV on the well head, is there a preferred location for the pressure switch? Right now it is a few feet from the pressure tank and about 15 or 20 feet from the well head and CSV. I'd prefer to keep it there but don't know if the dynamics of the system will be problematic. I'm intended...
  3. Gecko

Grundfos says 7.3A full load so we are in the ball park. How do you go about testing this? Not good to run the pump dry. Run it against the CSV, measure amps, then set just a little lower? Get the pump wet then run it with open intake for a few seconds and measure? My Square D starter has the...
  4. Gecko

Any idea what that 1.5 hp motor will draw when dry? What is the difference in amps, pumping into a closed CSV vs. dry well?
  5. Gecko

This is not VFD but straight 3 phase from the transformer. Grundfos and Franklin and others sell a box that uses inductive sensing to protect against over and undercurrent, quick cycling, etc. They are quite expensive for what they do. CSV sells one that does a lot of that but not over current...
  6. Gecko

Submersible pump quality?

Gotta admit I'm still confused. Do the two charts on the CSV1A add to get pressure loss? At 3 GPM for the shower, I'd see about 2 psi pressure friction loss and 2 psi reduced pressure fall off, or 4 psi total? Then running irrigation at 20 GPM I'd see 10 psi pressure friction loss and 12 psi...
  7. Gecko

Yeah, curious about that too. If I can set the pressure switch cutout to 70, the CSV to 68, and get 20 gpm with 10 psi total drop through it, that leaves the irrigation at 60 (58?).
  8. Gecko

I think I said upthread, this is a 190' well with the water standing typically 35' below the surface but can get pulled down to 45'. With an open pipe and continuously running pump it can be pumped below the intake. The pump has been set on 3 lengths of iron or 63' but I'm thinking I should add...
  9. Gecko

OK great, I think we are on the same page. The tanks in this case are about 600 ft from the house and not heated. Water from a faucet will have been sitting in the pipes, not the tank or the well. Actually there is a 100 gallon dwell tank for the treatment system too, so it takes awhile for...
  10. Gecko

The specs on the Allen Bradley switch suggests a bandwidth of 10 psi is possible? Specs say down to 2 psi. I thought I fully understood the CSV but maybe not. Here is my understanding: It is a pressure regulator with a minimum flow of 1 gpm. It stops cycling when continuous water use exceeds 1...
  11. Gecko

Wow you were right about that pressure control being pricey! The cheap Flotrol ones I've used are $20-30. But they create problems. Good tip on using minimum sized wire, not sure it will help me though, there is #10 running to the well service. The contactor that is already in place is a 3...
  12. Gecko

Already have the 3 phase contactor in place. I'd always intended to put a 3 phase in someday. Already have two 119 gallon tanks. Question is, how much water can be drawn from them before pump turns on with CSV? Say switch is set to 60-70 psi. I think I would set the tank pressure to 60 or 55...
  13. Gecko

I already have 3 phase power at the pump, no converter needed. To go variable speed, yeah then a VFD is needed. I'd like to stop cycling for irrigation use when it cycles every few minutes, and I think either a VFD or CSV would do that. But another primary consideration is keeping the pressure...
  14. Gecko

Yeah most of AYM pumps look about the same as anyone else's, the 26000 caught my eye for being stainless steel all the way through.
  15. Gecko

Many threads on this in the past, sound like pump quality has really gone down recently. I'm replacing a 27 year old pump and would like it to last as long as possible. Almost everything out there has a bunch of Chinese plastic parts in it. The only two I've found that might be exceptions are...
  16. Gecko

Tile in sink in a Corian countertop?

Yeah, that's more or less what I am thinking. Since the rim is 7/16, and the 1/2 inch corian is really about 15/32, I intend to glue a Corian ledge under the hole to set the sink on. Cut the hole about 3/32 big all around for the caulk joint.
  17. Gecko

Tile in sink in a Corian countertop?

I need to put a cast iron sink into a Corian countertop. I do not like either the underhung or self rimming versions, however this sink is also available in a tile-in version. I could cut the hole in the Corian carefully sized to the sink outline, back up the edge with a Corian shelf, drop the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks