Search results

1. C

Overcoming Water in the Basement (a bit wordy)

Spray Foam As for the Spray foam I'm having a contractor that specializes in this doing the application. You can do a web search for Spray foam insulation. There are companies that do sell it to do it yourselfers. However, in my situation the cost was the same. So why do it myself. If I...
  2. C

Installer said grout does not need to be sealed (is this correct)

Sealing tile Sealed tile will be easier to clean and keep clean. It helps to repel water and stains. All grout should be sealed. And the epoxy grout that claims not to need sealing is only good for a few years. Make sure your tile is cleaned and dry before applying any sealer. Two...
  3. C

Insulating Basement Walls

Wet basement I have a business doing residential carpet cleaning and water damage cleanup. From my research on flood damage control the following procedures will work in most situations. I'm currently redoing my basement due to a flood a couple years ago. My sump pump failed and ended up...
  4. C

Overcoming Water in the Basement (a bit wordy)

wet basement I have a business doing residential carpet cleaning and water damage cleanup. From my research on flood damage control the following procedures will work in most situations. I'm currently redoing my basement due to a flood a couple years ago. My sump pump failed and ended up...
  5. C

Gutted living room - Electrical/Insulation question

Insulation Have you considered blown in foam insulation? It is blown in wet with a special sprayer and drys hard. It also seals every little crack and does not need a vapor barrior. It has a R7 per inch thickness. So a 4 inch depth would be an R28. You don't have to put that much in if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks