Search results

1. jsa

New shower arm dripping in wall

Just a long overdue followup to say that after trying two Danco arms with the same problem, I shelled out a significantly higher sum of money (probably overpaid a bit) to get a shower arm at the local plumbing supply, which worked just fine the first time. Thank you to everyone here for all the...
  2. jsa

Thanks, Jim. This is a DANCO shower arm purchased at Home Depot. I had sort of wondered about that; the thread is slightly tapered, but not as much as the thread on the straight nipple that was in there before. I'll take your advice and maybe visit my local plumbing supply or something. --Jim
  3. jsa

Another attempt After putting back in the old straight nipple and using it that way (apparently with no leaking) for a bunch of months, we wanted again to try the shower arm with the bend in it. So with the help of a long screwdriver, I was able to turn it about 2.7 turns. I thought this...
  4. jsa

Thanks to both of you for the helpful responses. It is good to know it should turn at least 2 turns. I was having a lot of trouble getting it threaded, so I figured when I finally got it, I got it. But the cross-threading hypothesis makes sense. I guess damaging the arm when taking it out...
  5. jsa

Hello, everyone, My home was built about 5.5 years ago. At the time we had a rainfall-type (Down Under Wonder) shower-head put in our upstairs shower. This was connected by a (3-inch I believe) nipple. At some point we also added a Sprite slimline filter between the nipple and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks