Search results

1. Southpaw134

Gas Water Heater Help Needed

This made me laugh, I can only imagine the things you've seen homeonwers do and break. SewerRatz, I appreciate the information regarding the thermocouple After several hours and some presistance I was able to get the pilot to light and stay on. I didn't do anything special, just continued to...
  2. Southpaw134

Gas Water Heater Help Needed

I had a Bradford White gas water heater installed about a year and a half ago. This morning I noticed the water was not very hot, would only get luke warm. I checked and the pilot was out, I attempted to re-light the pilot with no luck. My water heater has a electronic control, which looks...
  3. Southpaw134

Gas water heater/Furnace combo

After two days I finally heard back from the customer (guess I should've waited a few more minutes before posting this thread). The customer provided the manufacturer information, Apollo HydroHeat, which would qualify for both our water heater and furnace rebates.
  4. Southpaw134

Gas water heater/Furnace combo

Need some help, I work for a municipal utility that offers natural gas service and rebates for gas appliances. We are currently offering 'double' rebates for gas appliances, some rebates are substantial (new water heater = $1350.00, new furnace = $1400.00 - - - new is defined as converting the...
  5. Southpaw134

GE Hybrid vs. Gas (Tank or Tankless)

Trying to decide if I should go with a GE Hybrid or a gas, either tank or tankless, water heater....any suggestions? Home has 2 full baths, both on the oppsite side of the house - very long run to the bathrooms. 2 adults and 2 children under 3 years old, average monthly consumption around 40...
  6. Southpaw134

PVC Pipe Cutters

Heck, I've used my 12 inch compund miter saw to cut PVC and as Gary said just a quick scrape with a knife to remove any burrs. However, I am not a professional and don't know if there are any reasons to not do this....
  7. Southpaw134

Gas Dryer

Looking to purchase a gas dryer, anyone have any siggestions or feedback? Thanks in advance. (I wasn't sure what forum to place this in...)
  8. Southpaw134

Electric water heater help

Hj, I didn't figure any plumber would do so, it was a shot in the dark... I was able to find someone selling a Kenmore Economizer 6, 40 gallon Table top water heater. According to the seller it was purchased by his father-in-law and never installed. I was lucky enough to get the seller...
  9. Southpaw134

Electric water heater help

My electric water heater sprung a slow leak at beginning of last week but was still providing hot water. I had decided to put in a gas water heater based on the long term ROI and because I would be able to add other gas appliances in the future (dryer, range, etc...). I began contacting...
  10. Southpaw134

Gas Water Heater Assistance

Make: Rheem Serial #: 0492C10187 Model #: 81MV52D
  11. Southpaw134

My best guess is that it is at least 7 years old. My wife and I purchased the home 2 years ago, the previous owner purchased the home 5 years before us. From speaking to some neighbors I was able to determine that the original water heater burst and was replaced by the original owner (2 owners...
  12. Southpaw134

Thanks Jim and Bison. It seems like Bradford White is the way to go, all of my other research has, for the most part, indicated they made the best product.
  13. Southpaw134

Getting ready to replace my electric water heater and with a gas water heater as it will save money in the long run (local utility company will put the tap and meter in for free and give me a $675 rebate for the water heater). I am looking for recommendations on a make and/or model I should...
  14. Southpaw134

Bathtub drain problem

Thanks again, I appreciate the all the information you are able to provide.
  15. Southpaw134

Bathtub drain problem

Is this (bending soft copper) still done today in new construction? Just wondering, my home is circa 1978 - I can see where other bends were made, but they are not as drastic in their angle and not collapsed.
  16. Southpaw134

Bathtub drain problem

Problem solved. I ended up digging down until I found the horizontal drain and breaking the overflow and waste arm drains loose from the it (it either wasn't glued together or the glue wasn't very strong because I barely had to apply force). I then started from scratch and constructed new...
  17. Southpaw134

Bathtub drain problem

Well, I was hoping I was real lucky but I haven't been so far. The tub shoe, waste arm and tee are ABS. The overflow pipe is comprised of PVC (with the exception of the piece that meets the bath tub - it's ABS). All of this is held together by glue/cement.
  18. Southpaw134

Bathtub drain problem

Thanks C Numb. Hope life is treating you well in NPR.
  19. Southpaw134

Bathtub drain problem

First allow me to clarify, the tub is merely sitting in place, it is not yet secured and no finished wall is installed, just 2 x 4 framing and insulation. My question is does anyone know if someone makes a flange extender (or an extender for my threaded drain stop) or will I have to redo...
  20. Southpaw134

Bathtub drain problem

I am in the midst of installing a new bathtub (fiberglass) and the flange for the drain pipe is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch too low. My question is do they make a flange extender or an extended piece that screws into flange (i have one that is brass - threaded inside and out - that came with my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks