Search results

1. ourzoo

How to get a slight angle on PVC line.

I'm probably over thinking this but I have to ask. I'm replacing a 1 1/2" galvanized bathtub drain line as part of a bathroom re-build. The old line was about 16" long and had three 22 1/2 degree elbows, making a zig-zag assembly to raise the pipe level about 1". Mighty strange and a great...
  2. ourzoo

Bathroom remodel - Looking for advice on drywall and vapor barriers.

After 50 years, it's time for my tired old bathroom to be renewed. The room is only 5' by 7', with a sink, toilet and tub/shower. Five of us live in the house with five showers per day - lots of moisture. I plan go back to the studs and start fresh, but I'm not sure about how to approach...
  3. ourzoo

Heat trap nipples and open water system.

My gas tank water heater is 14 years old and I'm getting ready to replace it. The current water line installation is straightforward. We're connected to a city water supply source and we have an open water system. No expansion tank. Also we're only using our heater for domestic hot water, not...
  4. ourzoo

Orphaned gas water heater... what to do?

Hi all, I just had a high efficiency gas furnace installed in my 1950s house and now my natural gas water heater is the only exhaust producer for my traditional flue tile chimney. I live in Maryland and my furnace installer said that while the current water heater is fine for now, when...
  5. ourzoo

Subfloor cut-out for toilet flange and other questions.

Thanks to the forum owner and administrator for a means to ask questions! This is great for a plumbing novice. This is more of a carpentry issue than plumbing but I'm sure many of you have already solved this. I've gutted my 1955 bathroom, including the tile floor and am replacing the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks