Search results

1. S

Bathtub faucet leaks

Bought a geniune Moen cartridge #1225 & replaced the old one. The leak is just as bad. It must not be the cartridge; could there be a missing gasket at the back of the unit? The water is flowing straight out the spout, could it be the diverter unit? Driving me nuts!
  2. S

Bathtub faucet leaks

Faucet leaks The package says: 1402 D MOEN Plastic cartridge Geniune OEM Manufacturer Repair Part Part # 1225. At the bottom of the package is Brass Craft tm. It appears to be a non-Moen part that has the same part #. Purchased at Lowe's. I'll look for a Moen part to replace and...
  3. S

Bathtub faucet leaks

It does have the Moen part # and Moen name, but also the first # I gave. I'll check for a Moen part & replace to see if that stops the leaking. Thanks!
  4. S

Bathtub faucet leaks

Faucet leaks It is the 1225, the other number must have been the part # from Lowe's. The picture looks exactly like the cartridge. It is not the posi-temp.
  5. S

Bathtub faucet leaks

Not sure of the model, the cartridge is a plastic Moen #1402 D. The original had been in there for 15 years. It was a chore to pull it loose, so there may be junk built up in there. I'll try the new cartridge and cleaning out the pipe.
  6. S

Bathtub faucet leaks

I replaced a Moen cartridge in my single-handle bathtub faucet because it leaked. After replacing with new cartridge; it still leaks. The water dripping out is hot & it doesn't matter which way the handle is turned (hot or cold). What do I need to do to stop the leak?
  7. S

I have replaced the cartridge on a Moen bathtub single-handle faucet because it leaked. After...

I have replaced the cartridge on a Moen bathtub single-handle faucet because it leaked. After replacing with a new cartridge, it still leaks. What is causing the leak & how do I fix it?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks