Search results

1. FlynHokie

Installing a tempered glass backsplash on sink?

Hello all. I am have a tempered glass counter for an above counter sink, which I installed last year. I recently purchased the tempered glass backsplash for it. This is a Ronbow product (see link from ********). http://www.********.com/detail.asp?Product_Id=CT7018-S16 My question is...
  2. FlynHokie

Tub spout moves, doesn't seem secure...

Hello all. Bathroom is nearly complete. I go the swanstone walls up, tile floor laid, sink/toilet ready to put in. I installed the shower head and trim for the Pressure Balance valve today (GroheSafe). I'm using Grohe Eurosmart trim and spout. When prepping for the new tub (cast iron)...
  3. FlynHokie

Copper pipe length into tub spout?

Hello again all! I'm in the middle of remodeling my hallway bath - tore it down to stud walls, and installing new everything. Cast Iron Kohler K-716 tub is inplace (what a pain in the rear!!) and drain plumbing run. Hot/cold water to pressure balance valve, and pipe run to shower head 90deg...
  4. FlynHokie

Grohe Shower head installation question

I just installed the shower fixtures (grohe eurosmart) in our new tile shower. The little circle trim piece that goes around the shower downspout doesn't remain flush against the tile. Should I silicon it inplace, or is there another way to keep it flush? Thanks much.
  5. FlynHokie

Toilet Flange installation

I am getting ready to install the toilet flange, and I want to make sure it is oriented correctly. How should the two slotted holes that connect the bolts to the toilet be oriented relative to the wall? Should the center of both those holes be equidistant to the wall, the end of the holes...
  6. FlynHokie

Bath tub recommendations

Hello all. I'm planning ahead for my main bathroom renovation. We're in the middle of the master bath reno, but should be done in 3 weeks or so - and want to start right into the main bathroom when finished. We plan on a complete gutting of the main bathroom. We have the toilet (Toto...
  7. FlynHokie

Copper Pipe questions

I am remodeling the master bath. I have a shower pan installed, and will be installing tile walls. I am rerouting the hot and cold lines running to my new shower valve. The old lines don't match the new valve inputs, so I have to reroute them. Question #1 - 45 & 90 deg joints I'm assuming...
  8. FlynHokie

Fir strips

I have to fir (spelling?) my shower wall out 1/4" to ensure the backerboard & tile overhang the showerpan flanges. I plan on ripping 1/4" plywood to do so. Do any of you have any recommendations for how to secure the fir strips to the 2x4 framing? I think Framing nails or deck screws would...
  9. FlynHokie

Grohe Safe 35-250-000 Pressure Valve installation question

Good evening everyone. I'm back from a long trip for work, and can get back to remodeling my master bathroom. So far, I have all parts sitting in the garage for installation (Americh showerbase, Shower & Floor tile, grohe safe valve, grohe shower handle/head, Toto toilet, ronbow cabinet &...
  10. FlynHokie

36" x 48" shower base

I'm having a hard time finding a 36" by 48" shower base. Is that an abnormal size? Our old fiberglass one piece shower stall measured that. I want to replace it with a solid surface shower base and tile the walls, but I can't find any solid surface ones that measure that. Any recommendations?
  11. FlynHokie

Bathroom remodel toilet question

Good afternoon all. Wonderful forum here, thanks for all the info I've read so far. I am completely gutting my bathrooms, and replacing everything in them, including the subfloor, which is that crappy 'sawdust' board that warps when it gets wet. I will be tiling the floor, installing a new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks