Search results

1. FlynHokie

Installing a tempered glass backsplash on sink?

Well, it won't let me post a website. Here is the model I have though: Counter: Ronbow CTG2522-S16 Backsplash: Ronbow A2503-S16 Thanks for the advice.
  2. FlynHokie

Installing a tempered glass backsplash on sink?

Hello all. I am have a tempered glass counter for an above counter sink, which I installed last year. I recently purchased the tempered glass backsplash for it. This is a Ronbow product (see link from ********). http://www.********.com/detail.asp?Product_Id=CT7018-S16 My question is...
  3. FlynHokie

Best shower valve--ranking companies from high to low

Not that I have any experience in other valves, but I've been real pleased with the GroheSafe PBV's I installed in my two bathrooms.
  4. FlynHokie

Tub spout moves, doesn't seem secure...

Thanks for the responses. From an access panel in the back, I think I might be able to clamp the horizontal pipe to a board to hopefuflly get rid of the rotation in the vertical pipe, which is most of the movement I think i'm seeing. I was also thinking of of trying to secure the pipe in...
  5. FlynHokie

A drop ear is the one that sweats onto the vertical, screws into the wall, and threads into the horizontal? Similar to the one that goes into the shower head? Darn, i was debating using one of those, but decided go go with what was in there before. Is it a good bet that this will be an...
  6. FlynHokie

This may be a stupid question, but do I need to install shutoff valves for a shower?

I installed shutoff valves to my lines to the showers, since I did the work myself, over several months...I still needed water to the rest of the house, so it was necessary.
  7. FlynHokie

Used caulk, and it looks Ok, though not as clean as I'd hope w/ a flush mount. Still concerned about the movement of the pipe. Could it cause possible damage to the pipe in the future, with kids grabbing on it during bathtime?
  8. FlynHokie

Hello all. Bathroom is nearly complete. I go the swanstone walls up, tile floor laid, sink/toilet ready to put in. I installed the shower head and trim for the Pressure Balance valve today (GroheSafe). I'm using Grohe Eurosmart trim and spout. When prepping for the new tub (cast iron)...
  9. FlynHokie

Copper pipe length into tub spout?

Hello again all! I'm in the middle of remodeling my hallway bath - tore it down to stud walls, and installing new everything. Cast Iron Kohler K-716 tub is inplace (what a pain in the rear!!) and drain plumbing run. Hot/cold water to pressure balance valve, and pipe run to shower head 90deg...
  10. FlynHokie

Grohe Shower head installation question

It rests about 1/8" off tile, unless I hold it against tile. I never noticed tabbs. I'll look at that prior to silicon or Dapp. thanks much y'all! Bathroom is nearly done. Toilet flange instal today, counter/sink & light install today. shower door on Tuesday, then when I get home on...
  11. FlynHokie

Any suggestions out there? Thanks much :-)
  12. FlynHokie

I just installed the shower fixtures (grohe eurosmart) in our new tile shower. The little circle trim piece that goes around the shower downspout doesn't remain flush against the tile. Should I silicon it inplace, or is there another way to keep it flush? Thanks much.
  13. FlynHokie

Toilet Flange installation

I am getting ready to install the toilet flange, and I want to make sure it is oriented correctly. How should the two slotted holes that connect the bolts to the toilet be oriented relative to the wall? Should the center of both those holes be equidistant to the wall, the end of the holes...
  14. FlynHokie

Bath tub recommendations

Hello all. I'm planning ahead for my main bathroom renovation. We're in the middle of the master bath reno, but should be done in 3 weeks or so - and want to start right into the main bathroom when finished. We plan on a complete gutting of the main bathroom. We have the toilet (Toto...
  15. FlynHokie

Copper Pipe questions

Yup, leak checked the copper pipe. Turned on, off, on off, left pressurized for 24 hours+, turned on and off throughout the day. It worked with no leaks. will probably recheck, since I have to take the 1/4" CBU down and replace with 1/2". Doh!
  16. FlynHokie

Copper Pipe questions

Went there to post tiling question on tiling 12" x 24" tile, and got responses telling me my sub-wall was wrong. Whew! Saved me some trouble down the road before I got tile up!
  17. FlynHokie

Copper Pipe questions

I never thought of taping while tiling. You do end up with the speed bump. I had done the office/kitchen/dining room this way -but I installed heater blankets ontop of that, so that's why I did the joints first. If I wait to seal the joints till I tile, should I have any worries about...
  18. FlynHokie

Copper Pipe questions

Yes, I fluxed it. Thanks for checking though! I'm new to this stuff so always love being checked to make sure I don't do something stupid! FYI - I got the firring strips fully up on the shower wall. 6mil membrane ontop, then the hardi-backer up last night. Tonight, I hope to get the...
  19. FlynHokie

Copper Pipe questions

Thanks much! I vacuumed the pipe out, and it worked. For another pipe, I put solder on the coupling, then heated the pipe, and slid the coupling on the pipe. Solder then would sweat real nice into the joint. Leak checked the work today, and it looks good! Soldering job doesn't look...
  20. FlynHokie

Copper Pipe questions

I am remodeling the master bath. I have a shower pan installed, and will be installing tile walls. I am rerouting the hot and cold lines running to my new shower valve. The old lines don't match the new valve inputs, so I have to reroute them. Question #1 - 45 & 90 deg joints I'm assuming...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks