Search results

1. Fein

Adding a Steam Radiator

I plan to install a new small radiator on a one pipe steam system. This is for a new small bath on the second floor of a 1920's house. I would like to run the new line about 15'-0" between joists before heading down through an interior wall and teeing into the 2" main in the basement. All of...
  2. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

I would greatly appreciate any comments the shower rough-in below. The setup: a rain shower always running and a handheld on a separate valve. Pictured is a pressure balanced mixer with 1/2" inlets and 3/4" supplies. A 3/4" shower riser leads to a ceiling mounted rain shower head. The...
  3. Fein

Best Shower Drain?

Any recommendations for a quality adjustable tile shower drain? The strainer on the Oatey models looks like it would deflect or feel flimsy underfoot. Zurn looks better but I have only seen online. Also- is round better than square? Seems like square is easier to tile around. This is for...
  4. Fein

Sissy Shower

I can't stand shower heads that don't put out enough water. So when the flow from my new shower head was weak, I drilled out the plastic flow restrictor. Now my shower rocks, but the water heater can't keep up. It's 10years old so I figure it's time to replace it anyway. Question 1- If I...
  5. Fein

Support Straps

I am using plastic strap for pvc drain lines- any pictures (or descriptions) out there of how this is typically done? I'd like to see the good, bad and ugly- so I know how not to do it as well. Most of my lines run parallel to joists. I see the NPC says the supports shall allow free movement...
  6. Fein

Sweat or thread?

My new shower mixer allows for threaded or soldered connections. The threaded copper connections only twist on one or two turns by hand (without any tape)- does this sound normal? I don't want to wrench it on and ruin the valve threads. I understand sweating is usually a better joint- but...
  7. Fein

Funky Tub Drain Setup

I have a tub with an integral overflow in a second story bath. The drain for the tub is directly over a sistered joist. I REALLY don't want to move the tub or cut the joist so I set up the drain as shown. I can't get the trap watertight (it is slightly misaligned so it doesn't seat properly)-...
  8. Fein

Changing Building Drain Size

Does a building drain line that vents to the roof have to be the same size through the roof? I have a two story home with a basement and 4" CI main drain that vents to the roof. There's a WC in the basement and first floor kitchen sink that all connect to a separate 2" VTR. I would...
  9. Fein

TY on back

I think/hope this is vented properly, but after my last screw up my confidence is shot. Any comments on this setup- look acceptable? The drain on the right is 1 1/2" for a lav going down a 2" drain and up 2" vent to roof. I am not sure if I can use the TY combo (hope I have the nomenclature...
  10. Fein

Questionable connection

I received such helpful comments from Terry and HJ last time I'm back for more... I am trying to find out if it codes typically allow use of two 22.5 degree elbows as shown in the attached photo (we are under 2006 Natl. Standard PC). This is for a shower drain that will run through a sistered...
  11. Fein

Elbow at 45 to Vertical?

I am trying to find out if it is ok to have a 90 deg. elbow at 45 deg to vertical? Or is it better to go straight down then use a 45 deg. elbow to meet the wye (like the right hand connection)? I am under the 2006 National Standard Plumbing Code. Photo attached. Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks