Search results

1. R

Hot Water Issues

I have 2 issues going on with my hot water. I suppose they are related, but don't know for sure. First, it takes an unusually long time for the hot water to begin to flow. Didn't use to be this way, but now when the HW is cut on at the faucets (not as bad in the shower, I assume because more...
  2. R

Help me fix a water hammer

Thank you all for the advice. I will go to the local HD and pick up a pressure gauge and go from there.
  3. R

Thanks Gabe, I won't waste the time in draining the system if that's not going to help anything. No other faucet in the house creates the problem except for that downstairs shower. The sink is a pedestal sink and not sure where I would put an arrester? Would be advisable to install one either...
  4. R

This house has more issues. I have a water hammer in what sounds like the upstairs wall. However it only happens when the downstairs shower is cut off abruptly. No access panels to the shower/tub pipes. If you shut the water off slowly, the hammer doesn't happen. I have read a few...
  5. R

Leak inside wall

Under the bottom room is the crawl space. I can check under there this evening. When the water is running, you can definitely hear it running inside the pipes. I sure hope that what you describe is indeed what I am hearing. I will check the crawl space and report back. Thank you so much for...
  6. R

Leak inside wall

Thought it may help to include a rough diagram. Hopefully this will help illustrate what I am trying to talk about. When the either the upstairs sink or shower is running, the circled problem area is where you can hear water dripping downstairs. Again, nothing visual to see. The drywall at...
  7. R

Leak inside wall

Well I have investigated further and found that I can also hear the dripping sound if the upstairs sink faucet is running. I ran a moisture meter on the wall and ceiling (downstairs) and had a .01-.02% moisture. After running the water, you could feel a slight moisture feeling on the wall near...
  8. R

Leak inside wall

Not sure what to do here and newbie to the forum. I have a shower stall upstairs and no noticeable leaks that I can see. On the floor below that stall is another bathroom. When the upper shower is running, you can hear what sounds like water dripping onto the ceiling of the lower bathroom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks