Search results

1. quinocampa

Leak Testing A Body Spray Supply Tree

I am soon to finish plumbing a shower valve set, including thermostatic valve and diverter, 3 body sprays, a rain shower head, and a hand shower sprayer. I used PEX and quick disconnect fittings everywhere but the body spray tree, due to its complexity. I have three sprays in a typical...
  2. quinocampa

New Drywall Joined with Old Drywall

I am remodeling a bathroom, and I only removed drywall where necessary. I have new drywall butting against existing walls and ceilings. I need advice on how to finish the joints between new and old. The existing ceiling is textured, and I'm expecially concerned about that area. Specifically, I'm...
  3. quinocampa

Toilet Flange Rough-in Before Tiling

I believe the proper way to install the toilet flange is with it resting on the final floor surface. In my case, that would be tile. On much of the bathroom floor, but not directly under the toilet, will also be a layer for radiant heat. I will have a layer of thinset under the toilet to...
  4. quinocampa

Avoiding a Horizontal Vent

Avoiding a horizontal vent is discussed here regularly, but I do not see how it can be avoided when your vent and drain are going in opposite directions between joists. The vent needs to clear a joist to get behind the wall, and the drain has to clear a joist on the other side and move in the...
  5. quinocampa

DIY Legally

Is there anything one would encounter in a remodeling project that has to be done by a licensed plumber or electrician to be legal? A friend had that idea, but I thought it was bunk. Also, what about permits? I chose to do a bathroom remodel, removing all fixtures and going back to the studs...
  6. quinocampa

Shower and Toilet Drain Sequence

First post! Name's Dan. I'll put it in my sig. Okay, I have gutted my bathroom completely and will be moving all fixtures. The toilet and shower drains have not yet been done. What would work best for me is to have the 2" shower drain join the 3" toilet drain through a wye or waste tee...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks