Search results

1. Gramps

Identify a mystery substance - what is it

It must be it. super. Did anyone get a chance ot look at the pictures in this thread?
  2. Gramps

i have neglected a few months of bio clean maintenance. can you guys comment from the photo if the foreign material appears in the pictures appears to be toilet paper or oxidized metal pipe on a 45 or 23 degree elbow.. The contractor said it was oxidation due the orange colour. He was...
  3. Gramps

they have no children although i can see how you would come to that concusion. i just posted two pics of the pipe itself
  4. Gramps

Here are the pictures of the snaked line. the drain company told me that my flange section was lead, the pipe was cast iron (what you can see in the picture). He said that what i am looking at is the iron oxidation (rust). last year, i saw this whole area spick and span after a 2 week bio...
  5. Gramps

no the drain line was clogged
  6. Gramps

I scooped most of it out of the bowl. What would this do to my plumbing/drain system if some pieces got in? i don't understand why a drain company would do this. the toilet was removed and put back. would bio clean break this up if it ended up in my pipes? i am dumbstruck
  7. Gramps

I was just having some plumbing problems. A drain clog. Drain company came and snaked it. someone else uses in the basement. After the clog was cleared by the drain company, i found a strange substance in the bowl and don't know what it is. maybe 1 quarts worth of the stuff. i put a small...
  8. Gramps

Need advice. replair or replace shower/tub hardware. Now? Later? not at all?

the tile will be saved. I didn't realize the trip lever did not serve the same function as the diverter being this is a very old tub. It is funny i have never used this thing before. The water coming out the the tub spout hits the lever. Is this normal?. I am concerned that water will get...
  9. Gramps

Need advice. replair or replace shower/tub hardware. Now? Later? not at all?

Sorry, It has been a while. My plumber installed a new diverter. We did not change any of the plumbing hardware and left it as is. It is a little delicate. The water still comes out "lumpy", and is hitting the old unsed tub diverter lever that is still in the tub. I am a little concerned...
  10. Gramps

Considering having a plumber examine my vent stacks. Yes or no?

i found out some information that should be useful to members of this forum This is about the smell and the bio clean product and the rotten egg smell. This is just one scenario, but i hope it will help someone else. The smell which definitely smelled like sulpher dioxide was most pungent...
  11. Gramps

Yeah, I really noticed the smell when i put my head in the sink and smell the drains (2 sinks with 1 trap). I wonder if the Bio-clean is eating something in there that is causing the smell. I have not flushed the water out in days in any fixture exept for bio clean treatments. (i was planning...
  12. Gramps

rotten egg smell is coming from sink again this morning I checked the water level in the trap, and it seemed to be fine. I am curious where such a smell could be coming from. any thoughts? Please help!
  13. Gramps

The symptoms: A basement shower has backed up 2 times in the last 6 months and cleared by a plumber 2times in a branch line., most recently last week. Gurgling sounds happened during the backup. I am currently going through a bio-clean treatment after the plumber left last week. I have been...
  14. Gramps

Shifted branch line pipe. does this look odd to you? liner possible?

After the drain company came in, they scoped the lines, and we had quite a it of grease buildup. They recommended spraying it with a special machine. The only concern i have is that i have old clay pipes that don't fit together perfectly, and they may be spraying the soil out that is between...
  15. Gramps

I tired to snake it myself with (no laughing!) a hand auger for a sink because that is all i had, unfortunately it is only 1/4" and did felt to be not stiff enough. I tried renting a 1/2" snake, but it didn't fit around a turn in the pipe. (i didn't want to force it) It also had a "claw" on...
  16. Gramps

he said toilet paper. toilet paper he said will find a little spot and build up over time. When he snaked it, it literally took 5 seconds when the camera hit the blockage and then everything cleared. side note, i was wondering if putting a liner would work. i really don't want to rip up my...
  17. Gramps

2 years ago or so I replaced all of the clay tile pipe in my laundry room with PVC. there were some clay to PVC connections when the drain company installed it. However 6 months ago, and again yesturday (has not be repaired yet), a branch line is clogged. The first time this happened i had...
  18. Gramps

Knocking pipe and water "spitting" in highest shower in house

Does anyone have any ideas about what this could be? -g
  19. Gramps

Knocking pipe and water "spitting" in highest shower in house

Hello, I have 2 issues that may be related as numbered below. 1. I have a pipe that creates a single knock in the highest shower in the house whenever some high volume water is turned on, this happens at the same location always (upstairs shower) when fixutres through the house are turned on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks