Search results

1. J

Freezing hydrants

Thanks for the help. I will probably give it a try with the heat tape and if that doesn't work then I will have to spend alot of money to dig down and replace the gravel bed. I suppose there might be another solution though. What are self draining hydrants? Is there a hydrant that can...
  2. J

Freezing hydrants

No I use the hydrants. I use them alot during the cold winter months actually. Well do you think I could perhaps try the heat tape one year and then if it doesn't work then fix my drain problem or do you think that I will be just wasting my time. Thanks :cool: :)
  3. J

Freezing hydrants

I thought it might require something difficult like that. No this problem has only occured recently. Probably because of improper drainage like you suggested. I heard of a farmer doing it this way(drilling a hole and inserting a heat tape) and it worked for him so I was thinking that I might...
  4. J

Freezing hydrants

I have hydrants that freeze during the winter and I was hoping if anybody here knew of anyway to prevent this from happening. :confused: The best thing I can thing off at the moment is to take a 2' long 3/4" drill bit I have and attach it onto a much longer rod. Next I would use this very...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks