Search results

1. AjayK

Remove Kinetico Water Softener System

Thanks. I guess that would mean I should do this when I am ready to install the new unit. Also, my Qest fittings are on copper piples. Do I use a regular wrench for it or does it come with special wrench. I am assuming its just like a regular nut.
  2. AjayK

It leaks. I got a call from installer about replacing the unit because some parts(resin?) have a shelf life of 7 years and that passed a year ago. He was going to charge $1800 for a new unit. I never like to pay for installation as I can figure out basic myself. It would be significantly cost...
  3. AjayK

Yes, the system does a bypass and I am going to put it on Bypass. How do I release the water pressure? That was my main concern. I didnt realize that this unit works on pressure w/o electricity. I am actually going to replace it with a high end Kenmore Water Softener and I am hoping that it...
  4. AjayK

leejosepho, Thanks. Yes, it does appear to be Qest fittings. How do you depressurize the system? Also, I am planning to get rid of it altogether. I am in Eastern PA so it may be too far for you. I do see occassionally some leaking on it though. I rather not fix this unit.
  5. AjayK

We have a old Kinetico Model 30 system in our house. I believe the system is over 20 years old (same age as our house). All I want to do is uninstall/remove it. I have no instruction manual of it and Kinetico web site and Google didnt help. The system is not electric and has two tanks. I think...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks