Search results

1. PreciousBusterbird

Thermostatic Valve Question--is it malfunctioning?

I had a thermostatic valve installed when I remodelled my bathrom about eight months ago. I'm wondering if it is functioning correctly. Here is what is happening: I live in a condo on the second floor. My bathroom is directly below my neighbor's above and I'm directly above my neighbor...
  2. PreciousBusterbird

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Thanks, Peanut9199. Since I already have the vinegar and baking soda, I could try that cheaply! It should be an interesting foaming reaction, if I recall my science fair days. Love your avatar. My grandpa used to send us Mr. Peanut memorabilia all the time. I still have the little set of...
  3. PreciousBusterbird

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Love the Acquia III and a question about cleaning products Had the Acquia III installed about eight months ago. Excellent performance, even with the challenge of a bout with an intestinal organism. We saved a lot of water over those few days, thanks to the AIII. My question is about cleaning...
  4. PreciousBusterbird

Chiming noise when toilet flushed

When we flush a Kohler toilet at my Mom's house, it makes a chiming noise like a mellow doorbell. It's not unpleasant, but odd. We're worried that it might be something we should care about and get fixed. Does anyone know? Thanks very much.
  5. PreciousBusterbird

Getting fancy--replacing pressure valve w/ thermostatic valve

Hi hj - thanks for the reply. It is definitely a Delta 1700, with temp and volume adjustments. I was basing the unavailability on a diagram I found on this forum in this post: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?p=182222 There is a cartridge summary reference sheet pictured there...
  6. PreciousBusterbird

Thanks for the suggestion, but apparently the 17T will not fit my older 1700. From what I have seen on this forum, it looks as though the thermo is the way to go. So - I will go thermo with new stuff. Thanks again.
  7. PreciousBusterbird

With stops or without--which do I need?

Thank you very much. I will go without then. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and I love this forum--I have learned a lot! But still a long way to go. :) -Casey
  8. PreciousBusterbird

Hello--I have a question. Pressure balanced or thermostatic? I'm replacing my tub and tiling the alcove, so now is the time to do other little upgrades. So I got the Hansgrohe Raindance Connect and have decided I need to change out my Delta Monitor 17000 volume control/temp...
  9. PreciousBusterbird

Thank you for the reply. I am installing shutoffs on my own water supply to the tub/shower so I won't have to turn off the main any more. It seems like with stops could be overkill, but maybe it's just extra insurance?
  10. PreciousBusterbird

Hello - I am about to order a rough for a thermostatic valve (excuse the wrong terms) and I have a choice of with or without stops. I live in a condo (glorified apartment building) and share water supply with 5 units. I have (or will have) shutoffs on the water supply in my unit after this...
  11. PreciousBusterbird

Moving the shower water supply - is it difficult?

Thank you very much! I'll report when it is finished. :)
  12. PreciousBusterbird

Moving the shower water supply - is it difficult?

Hello - I am going to be getting a new bathtub and will be replacing the tub/shower fiberglass unit and tiling the alcove enclosure. While I was at it, I thought I should upgrade my shower. I realized that in order to install the system I want to, I need to change the position of the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks