Search results

1. TheZster

Bosch 715 ES... Flow rate requirements? Fixable?

I've got a Bosch gwh 715 ES... 8 years old - in a property I'm renovating. According to specs.... she should fire up when flow rate hits >.5gpm. Not happening!! I open up a fixture with a flow rate of 1gpm (confirmed)... nothing.... I open up an additional fixture of "probably...
  2. TheZster

Uncharted territory - clay to PVC

Thought I had seen it all... till I bought this 100 year old house to renovate. Somewhere in the past - the owners stuck 3inch PVC into the 6 inch clay lateral line - covered it up with dirt - and called it "good".... Jeesh!! Clay is new to me.... Lateral line looks good from where...
  3. TheZster

Cast to PVC to Cast to PVC

This old house was a "project" for someone before I bought it... and already had the double transition . As the cleanout at the basement floor level was in pretty bad shape - I went ahead and removed/replaced it. Couplings are actually Proflex shielded couplings - I use fernco as a generic...
  4. TheZster

Kitchen Sink Drainage Problems

Sounds like your landlord needs to fix his plumbing.... It shouldn't be your problem.....
  5. TheZster

Cast to PVC to Cast to PVC

Back again.... 100 year old house - adding a new bathroom in the old attic... the DWV layout is good.... Question is: I had to remove the old cast iron soil stack from the basement (busted out concrete) and "Fernco'd" PVC to the existing Cast iron lateral line to the first floor. As...
  6. TheZster

New attic drain into existing

Well, a few hours later - cutting/splicing/pounding/sweating/bleeding - and the new DWV is in - and even a layman like myself can tell it's proper.... Thanks Terry
  7. TheZster

ouch... I figured as much... Back to work... thanks for the advice....
  8. TheZster

That is totally do-able. If I read you correctly - I can add a 2" vent line above the existing toilet (is 2" big enough? - I'm running out of room) - and tie it back into the main stack just below the roofline (assuming the 42" rule - if I don't have 42" - I can run the first floor toilet vent...
  9. TheZster

I have a 4" stack with a bathroom on the first floor draining into it. I want to add a bathroom in what used to be the attic - directly above the existing first floor bathroom. Can I tie in a new 3" line from the new bathroom into the existing stack "above" the first floor toilet without a...
  10. TheZster

Disposal/sink connection

Oops.. I better get busy early tomorrow... final inspection is scheduled... and I used the fitting that came with the "disposer"..... Easily corrected..... (let's see - cut the other tailpiece shorter.... Longer tube to the trap..... couple of fittings..... Love it).. Thanks HJ
  11. TheZster

lavatory drain question

Hahaha.... Love the reference.... Just finishing up my current rehab project - and the electrician asked me - after the drywall went up - why there were no switches in one of the bedrooms...... (but there was a slight "bow" in the drywall next to the door..)..... LOL Thanks for the help...
  12. TheZster

lavatory drain question

Your assessment of the plumber is correct.... he does my rough ins... and I finish up for the finals.... Thanks guys - I'm going to leave the smaller trap - and see what the inspector says...... I'm a busy amateur - never claimed to be a plumber - though I can plumb a whole house if need...
  13. TheZster

Disposal/sink connection

Okay... re-read the entire thread... and you piqued my curiosity.... a typical disposal comes with a 90degree discharge elbow (discharges horizontally - then drops to vertical)... From this I have always connected the typical "horizontal T" to connect the disposal discharge to the other...
  14. TheZster

Shutting off water supply from street

FWIW... I've done the same thing from the street in about 14 houses.... To date - no problems with the main -... most have gone counterclockwise to off - though I've run into a couple of clockwise.... Try one direction carefully - then the other carefully --- though you might get much...
  15. TheZster

New house for us and Polybutylene Pipe question

You're looking at a "several hundred thousand dollar" investment... Pay a plumber $100 to come out and check it out.... Cheap insurance...
  16. TheZster

lavatory drain question

Thanks guys... My knowledge - as a "regular person/contractor" allows the 1 1/4 trap..... which I did - for ease of installation as well as aesthetic purposes..... I just wonder - I think my licensed plumber does a majority of his work for commercial applications...... would that explain why...
  17. TheZster

Disposal/sink connection

he's the "licensed plumber" required by the county.... He did all the rough in's... and I did the finish work.... When he came in prior to the final inspection- he said the "T" was incorrect.. and that the 1 1/4 trap on the pedestal sink wouldn't fly either... As I said: With all the...
  18. TheZster

lavatory drain question

I agree with you 100% on both points. I put in the 1 1/4 trap with a reducer on the 1 1/2 out of the wall. IThis is the second "violation" pointed out by my plumber today.... I can't figure him out......
  19. TheZster

lavatory drain question

New pedestal sink... has 1 1/4 tailpiece. Out of wall is 1 1/2 PVC to drain. What size should the P-trap be to meet code requirements.
  20. TheZster

Disposal/sink connection

That is correct.... though my plumber is still arguing with me... I dunno why
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks