Search results

1. Philip in Connecticut

TOTO Thermostatic Mixing Valve Issue

I have a TOTO TSTA single volume control thermostatic mixing valve in the master bath. I installed this maybe 10 years ago. The problem: recently, it started to leak from the shower head. It is a very slow leak: water builds up in the shower head, then it comes out in a flood (assuming surface...
  2. Philip in Connecticut

Which Brand for Ease of Installation: Shower/Bath Remodel

OK, I have exactly one bath remodel under my belt. I used Toto parts exclusively for that job, primarily because we liked a particular suite of products (everything has to match). I am now getting ready to do a remodel of the main bath. I am wondering if there is something better out there...
  3. Philip in Connecticut

Low Flow Shower Head: Interesting Phenomenon

I am nearly finished with a bathroom remodel, and tried out the new shower today. It seems that the new shower head is producing a lot more water vapor (as compared to my previous shower head which was a Hansgrohe purchased in the early/mid 1990's) resulting in considerably more condensation on...
  4. Philip in Connecticut

Toto Soiree Toilet: Drip, Drip, Drip?

I just installed a Toto Soiree toilet: it looks great. However, after a flush there is a dripping sound. Its been about a half hour since the last flush, and I still hear the drip. I don't see a drip in the tank or in the bowl: it sounds like its coming from somewhere else? Any thoughts?
  5. Philip in Connecticut

Shimming a Toto Soiree

After unpacking our new Toto Soiree, I noticed that the unit seemed to be sitting a little lopsided. After checking both the floor and the unit with a level, it seems that the floor it is temporarily sitting on is level, but the toilet is not. I have to shim it up on one side an 1/8" (2...
  6. Philip in Connecticut

Tie Into Vent Line for Lavatory Drain

As a followup to my post below, I have a shower floor drain that has a vent running vertically (up into the attic) in an adjacent wall. On the opposite side of that wall, I have a lavatory that is currently draining via thin walled pipe to the trap of another lav in a double lav configuration...
  7. Philip in Connecticut

Back to Back Lavatories

I am remodeling a bath that has a lav that is back to back with another lav in an adjacent bath (i.e., both baths share the same wall for all plumbing). Attached is picture of fitting that is now serving both sink drains: plumbing supply fellow called it a double ell. Distance to main...
  8. Philip in Connecticut

Amateur Sweating DWV fittings

I've had pretty good luck (as an amateur) sweating 1/2", 3/4" and occasionally even 1" copper for various DIY projects around my house. Recently, I attempted to sweat an 1 1/2" trap adapter to a double ell (?) DWV fitting, both (I believe) made of cast brass. I cleaned all surfaces very well...
  9. Philip in Connecticut

Re-routing a drain vent line

First off, I hope this is the right forum. We are planning a remodel of a bathroom in a 1960’s vintage ranch in Connecticut. We would like to remove one of the interior non-load bearing walls in the bathroom, but unfortunately, that is the wall that is used as a chase for a vent pipe. In...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks