Search results

1. cn90

Compressor CFM - HELP!

I am answering a thread that is > 10 yrs old. For the last 10 yrs, I have been using a 6-gallon air compressor set at 80-100 psi and it works fine. It is slow but it works. You don't have to empty every drop of H2O in the line. As long as most of the H2O is out, you are OK. In other words, if...
  2. cn90

My Watts 800M4QT is leaking and I need to replace the Vent Float.....

For those reading this thread, just Google "800M4QT repair kit". And look for "Vent Float Kit" that usually includes: "float vent disc assembly (vent float, seal & spring) and bonnet O-ring". The Vent Float Kit is usually on sales for about $10. Examples are: ---> 1/2 & 3/4" BFP: Watts 0887709...
  3. cn90

Sprinkler Winterize, Backflow Preventer dilemma

Thanks Gary for the tip. UPDATE: I just installed a hose bib just downstream of the Backflow Preventer, see #4 in the picture. This hose bib is used strictly for Sprinkler Winterization. Actually this port (#4) is the recommended port for blowout procedure, although the reality is different as...
  4. cn90

Flower Bed Remote Faucet: what type of piping to use?

Thanks Mike, Do you have a pictures that you can link, so I can use as reference? Thanks!!!
  5. cn90

Thanks Gary, Actually I already have a Pressure-Reducing Valve installed for the inside the house. It is set at 50-60 psi range. For the outside line (Sprinkler system), it does not have the PRV, so it runs at 100 psi. Actually I want it this way, i.e., leaving the Outside Line feeding...
  6. cn90

Sprinkler Winterize, Backflow Preventer dilemma

Hi Gary, Do you have a picture of your "invented adapter"? I have a Watts 800 series and want to do the same!
  7. cn90

Hi everyone, I need some good advices. I need a Remote Faucet (to be used with Garden Hose) for a Flower Bed about 100 feet from the main house. This is for manually watering the flowers, plants etc. (yes, for manual use and not for sprinkler system). * House water pressure is about 100 psi...
  8. cn90

Grohe Single-handle intermittent leak

Turned out the Grohe people were correct. I tested the house water pressure, it was 110 psi!!! So the plumber installed a PRV (Pressure Reducing Valve) and set it at 55-60 psi. All is good now. No more leak. As it turned out, the Grohe faucets (single-handle type) use a cartridge system that in...
  9. cn90

I called Grohe and they say water pressure should be 72.5 psi or less, otherwise it can leak. No other faucets in the house leaks, only Grohe!!! Anyway, they already sent me the cartridge and I will replace it and report back.
  10. cn90

Hello, I have 3 Grohe bathroom faucets (on 2nd floor) at home and only 2 faucets leak. Installed in 2006 and only leaked recently. - Intermittent: sometimes no leak, sometimes I found water on the Living Room floor on the 1st floor. - Crawled underneath and saw a few drops of water...
  11. cn90

Sprinkler Polyethylene Piping: what is lifespan?

Sprinkler Polyethylene Piping: This is what I have in my yard sprinkler system: I am just curious what the lifespan of Polyethylene Piping? 30 years? 40 years? 50 years?
  12. cn90

Air Compressor Quick Connector

Follow-up: This is the setup I have: My Adaptor works fantastic: 1. Water Supply Valve (in basement) closed. 2. Adaptor attached to Hose Bib #3. 3. Air Compressor set at 50-60 psi. (I have a belt-drive compressor with max air flow 9 GPM at 50 psi, which is adequate). 4. I...
  13. cn90

Winterize Sprinkler, where to hook up Air Compressor?

Winter is coming so the ritual starts with winterization of the Sprinkler System. This is a diagram what I have now: - Supply from the house into the Backflow Preventer with the standard 2 testcocks. - Hose Bib upstream of Backflow Preventer. - And no, I don't have a winterization port...
  14. cn90

new home owner

This book has everything you need to know about Sprinkler system from a to z. I have this book and love it. Worth every penny. Sprinklers and Watering Systems (Garden Maintenance) (Paperback) by Scotts (Author) ...
  15. cn90

Leaking Hunter PGP rotors

Much better to replace the whole sprinkler head than just the cap. It is not that expensive anyway.
  16. cn90

Sealing supply pipe

Most people use: Electrical Conduit Seal which lasts some 15-20 years or more. It is like chewing gum: http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1292747&CAWELAID=109328419 Inexpensive, easy to apply. HTH
  17. cn90

What size air compressor is necessary?

I understand the CFM issue that commercial lawn service uses to bleed 99% of the water out of the sprinkler system, but read on... 1. Water expands about 9% in volume when frozen: 2. If you use a "Home" compressor like this 6-gallon 5 CFM Air Compressor: I understand that using a "Home"...
  18. cn90

Watts 800M4QT blowout fitting

For those who want to connect Air Compressor to Hose Bib, here is the setup I use (cost about $8 to put it together): - Part 1 is the standard 1/4" Air Compressor fitting - Part 2 is Adaptor to go from 1/2" (Female end of the Hose Coupling #3) to 1/4" - Part 3 is Hose Coupling. Ace...
  19. cn90

Air Compressor Quick Connector

This thing is brass and rock solid!!! Use Teflon Tape and put them together tight using adjustable wrench. It is bullet-proof!
  20. cn90

Compressor CFM - HELP!

Can someone shows me step-by-step how to build this compressor? 1. Basically buy this Compressor (w/o motor): http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=93785 2. Then get a 3-5 HP electric Motor + belt. And winterize sprinkler?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks