Search results

1. mbauer

Move Tub Drain

This ptrap is welded right into the vent stack with no room to put a new one in. Can I move this drain tube over to the 11" mark and use two 45 degree angles to lead into the existing drain before the trap? There is about 12" of pipe down to the trap from the floor level. I ask because I'm under...
  2. mbauer

Anything wrong with this install?

This was under a vacation tree house we stayed at in San Marcos Texas. Thought it might be appreciated here. :)
  3. mbauer

New double vanity sink into toilet vent

I'm wanting to reclaim a toilet drain in a master bath for a new vanity sink. I will be capping the toilet drain line under the slab and using it solely for the vanity sink. Does the attached plan look acceptable? That is 1 1/2" PVC leading to the 2" stack. Is there anything that I need to do...
  4. mbauer

Matt's Bathroom Renovation

I'm working on renovations to our master bath and had a few questions. I want to increase the size of the shower and move the drain into the center. Can I can cut off the old clamping drain and run a sloped drain over into the existing p-trap instead of breaking out any more concrete? Does the...
  5. mbauer

Leak under shower/toilet slab area

I'm in the process of replacing an 80's shower stall and had to break up the slab to replace the clamp drain. The drain was totally encased in concrete about 15 inches deep. This is a shower stall on the outer wall so it was in the footing around the house. Oh how I wish I had pier and beam...
  6. mbauer

Inspection Request for PEX

Inspector requesting insulation for PEX The inspector is requesting that I insulate my attic and outside PEX runs. He is also requesting that I fill the holes in the top plate with spray foam. Does anyone know if the spray foam will be a problem where it comes in contact with the PEX? Can...
  7. mbauer

Difference in 40G Bradford White 6 and 10 Year Models

Is there any difference in a Bradford White 6 and 10 year model? I was told that I would just be paying $25 per year extra for a sticker and that there is no difference otherwise. I'm trying to buy myself and was quoted around $340 for a 40 Gallon 6 year in the Dallas area. Does that sound like...
  8. mbauer

Is methane dangerous when cutting cast iron?

Hi all! I found myself here by way of the John Bridge tile forum. I'm doing a bathroom renovation on a 1950's slab foundation in North Texas. I'm wanting to go back in with a Kerdi drain and waterproofing membrane. In preparation for it, I'm wanting to replace the existing trap with PVC. In the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks