Search results

1. jimmyangst

Is this safe/compliant/doable?

If I understand correctly you're just looking to mount a switch for a 110V appliance-- if you wanted to avoid any impropriety (or appearance thereof) you could put a relay inline wherever your lines are easily accesible and install a relay, pull some 18 ga through your light recess to the...
  2. jimmyangst

Was: Standard Modernus (Nick2000's thread)

Yep, it's a real corksocker! Killing the water and putting in the valve is even a bit scary--since all the work is at least 60-70 yrs old, anything can happen. My line (from best to worst scenario) is 1) cut existing 1/2 line, install compression fitting and valve, then attach flex pipe...
  3. jimmyangst

Gas line for Fireplace

to run these appliances concurrently isn't a 1/2" line sufficient?! It would simply involve removing a 1/2" line that runs across my house to a gas range and replacing it with a larger line that could service both the range and a free standing gas fireplace. You might be best off just...
  4. jimmyangst

Gas line for Fireplace

While gas has a dangerous aspect to it that water does not, the principles are the same. Further, natural gas (esp. as compared to LPG) has a very small flammability window; in other words, heat, moisture and O2 have to be at a very close ratio to ignite. Plus, unlike LPG, CNG rises & disperses...
  5. jimmyangst

Jadnashua, Yeah, it has 4 bolts-- thing is, it's a 193X-194X low tank (with a big brass ell attaching the wall-mounted tank to the bowl) toilet. 2" dia ell, runs ~4" down from the bottom of the tank and ~4" horizontally into the back of the bowl (measurements ~from center of pipe runs) Bottom...
  6. jimmyangst

I may have jumped the gun with my questions about replacing the bowl on a Standard Modernus-- plus I kinda hijacked Nick2000's thread on his repair questions (btw, Nick, I'm envious of YOUR problem!!!) Can't make it to my folks house tonight to measure the closet this toilet's located in...
  7. jimmyangst

Standard Modernus

Cookie, That is a slick arrangement! I don't know which would be more gruesome though, cutting out the wall & building the doors or cutting the pipe, moving the drain flange & replacing the flooring. On the brighter side, with the whole outfit being less than 36Wx 60D, there's not a lot of...
  8. jimmyangst

Standard Modernus

Cookie, Good idears-- but the room itself is so small, and the door situated so that I'm not sure it'd be easy to get in and out of the place with a forward-mounted toilet even with the sink removed. As I recall it's a pedestal sink. "Cramped" is an understatement. In any event, I'm not...
  9. jimmyangst

Standard Modernus

Standard Modernus bowl replacement I'm very glad I found your forum-- I've got a busted Standard Modernus (on the bowl, where the seat bolts on). Here's my tale of woe: my parents house, built in 1841, has a half bath under the staircase (tiny, but theoretically serviceable). From the time I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks