Search results

1. Providence

Toto makes high-pitched noise

My assembly cap was making a "hissing" noise so I replaced it. But after replacing it, just as the water level get to the shut off point it begins making a loud "stuttering" type of noise as the water tries to shut off. Eventually it shuts off completely after about 10 seconds or so. I've taken...
  2. Providence

GMax issue: won't shut off

Lee Thanks for the advice and assistance. I replaced the fill valve with a Korky 528T from the Ace Hardware Outlet you mentioned and all is now well with my Toto.
  3. Providence

Water Hammer with GMax

An update - I replaced the Fill Valve with a Korky 528T as recommended by Lee_Leses and the water hammer problem was completely corrected. Purchased my 528T from the Ace Hardware Outlet, Lee mentions in his post at https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25707 Thanks to Lee and...
  4. Providence

Finally! The differences between the 528 and the 528T !

Can you tell me why you don't recommend replacing the fill valve? I was planning on doing that today.
  5. Providence

Water Hammer with GMax

Other than the water hammer issue, the description at https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25707 mirrors exactly the problem I'm having.
  6. Providence

When you say to replace the float, are you referring to just the part that attaches to the assembly cap or more than that? Also, can you let me know if the replacement of the float corrects the issue?
  7. Providence

Thanks for the reply, Terry. To do this would I simply pour water through the top of the valve? I have pulled out the core of the valve assembly and it was clean. I ran some warm water on it but no changes. I'll try flushing water through the valve.
  8. Providence

Water Hammer with GMax

One of my 3 Toto GMax toilets is having an issue that I've not been able to correct. About 3 months ago, for no apparent reason it began to experience what seemed like water hammer. Specifically, when the water slows down as it nears filling the tank, the pipes "hammer" as the water seems to try...
  9. Providence

I apologize if this question has been asked, I searched the list and didn't see any thing but could have missed it. Here's my issue: I have 3 Toto GMax Toilets all are about 7 years old, which I installed not long after I bought my home. Just this past week, one of the toilets began to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks