Search results

1. B

Toilet drain slope

Holy crap, Batman! I just put my square on both the elbows and the wyes, and they both have an exactly 1/4" per foot (1 in 48) out-of-square between the ends. Very cool. So all drains and vents are going to automatically have this slope built into them if you let the piping take its natural...
  2. B

Plumbers putty use

I've used plumber's putty in the joins of aluminum eaves troughing with some success. Always wondered how it would hold up in freezing climates.
  3. B

Toilet drain slope

Ya, I wondered about dry fitting versus glued fitting. Thanks. Not to sound thick or anything, but which fitting has slope built into it? I'm using a standard 90-elbow and santee wye. Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the slope - been reading since my post and understand now that...
  4. B

Toilet drain slope

Hello all, New member, first post after reading this site for some time on and off. I'm re-plumbing the toilet drain into the stack after moving the toilet. I've got about 18-inches from flange to stack. Using 3" ABS. On the subject of ensuring adequate slope (min. 1/4" per foot, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks