Search results

1. BrettS

My comparison of the Insinkerator Evolution Excel VS the Waste King Legend 9980.

The badger 5 that came with our house 3 and half years ago cracked the other night and started spewing water and small food chucks throughout the cabinet under our sink, so I figured it was probably time to replace it;) After doing quite a bit of research online I came down to two choices...
  2. BrettS

Fixing a very tiny leak in CPVC

Thanks for the replies, guys. I knew what I needed to do from the beginning, but I just needed a little kick in the head to get me to actually do the right thing;) I actually haven't done anything with it yet, but I'm going to go ahead and cut out and replace that fitting. I did pick up a PVC...
  3. BrettS

Fixing a very tiny leak in CPVC

OK, so I got my new shower plumbed in early yesterday using CPVC supply lines (the whole house was done in CPVC). I let the CPVC cement cure and then repressurized the system. I checked all of my connections several times over the next few hours and everything seemed dry. After I woke up this...
  4. BrettS

This may be a stupid question, but do I need to install shutoff valves for a shower?

The rest of the house is CPVC, so I figured I'd go with the same thing. Now, one more question... I believe this bathroom currently has 1/2" CPVC feeding it, since it was only a half bath to start with. Am I OK tapping into that 1/2" feed near the sink to get water for the shower or am I...
  5. BrettS

This may be a stupid question, but do I need to install shutoff valves for a shower?

Thanks guys. I guess no valves it is then. I'm not too worried about leaving the water in the house off while I work, and while I am confident in my ability to make the connections I figure fewer connections in the wall that could potentially leak the better:) Actually, as a side note...
  6. BrettS

As I posted before, I'm working on adding a shower to an existing half bath. I'm getting ready to start the rough plumbing and normally for something like this I would install shut off valves on the hot and cold water supply going to the shower... but there really isn't any place to put them...
  7. BrettS

My toilet leaks, but only when my mother-in-law uses it.

OK, so I have kind of an odd problem. For two years now, as long as we've owned this house, one of the toilets leaks whenever my mother-in-law uses it. Luckily she lives in another state, so she only visits a couple of times a year, but whenever she is over a small puddle of water forms under...
  8. BrettS

What should I put under a one piece fiberglass shower?

Thanks Gary, that definitely helps. And in that case I think I'm better pouring a concrete slab for the shower, then after that cures, setting it in the mortar. As I thought about it more and more I started to get a bit concerned about doing sand... I was just afraid that I wouldn't be...
  9. BrettS

What should I put under a one piece fiberglass shower?

I'm adding a one piece fiberglass shower to an existing half bath on the first floor of my house. The shower is going into space that is currently part of the garage... The garage floor is about 16 inches lower than the floor of the house, so I needed to build up the floor so the shower would...
  10. BrettS

Running drain for new shower under old slab

Correct... no basement Unfortunately, I have no idea... I'm debating removing the toilet and trying to send some sort of a camera down to see if I can see which way the pipe runs. Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of... I suspect I could manage to take out one or two of the...
  11. BrettS

Why shouldn't I connect it to the toilet's drain? I'm not talking about connecting it to the toilet itself, but rather the toilet's drain under the slab. This, of course, is assuming I can actually locate the pipe under the slab and get enough room to actually work on it. Actually, the...
  12. BrettS

I want to add a shower to an existing half bath on the first floor of my house. The bath is on a slab and the existing plumbing is run through that slab. I've attached a (badly drawn) floorplan to help show what I'm talking about. The new shower is shown in grey on the floorplan and is going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks