Search results

1. F

new boiler and indirect install w/pics

I am no boiler expert but the one thing that I see that bugs me is the plywood where you have the electronics mounted appears to be in close proximity to the exhaust stack. I personally would ditch that and use masonry anchors. I'll bet you are great at sweating copper pipes now.
  2. F

24v thermostat connection question

hey guys I just wanted to follow up and post my success on the first attempt! Had I taken a second to look at the wiring the old thermostat connected to at the furnace, I would have noticed that all the wires I needed to connect the 24v thermostat were right there and clearly labeled, no need...
  3. F

what kind of tubing for a radiant floor

there is a manufacturer called wirsbo that makes the tubing as well. I worked as a helper at an HVAC place one summer and saw some cool things done with it. One home had the driveway as a zone to keep snow and ice off. I'd love to set up radiant floor heat here but I would need to save and...
  4. F

excellent info gentlemen, thank you for posting. What I have in place is an old mechanical/ mercury thermostat. It does not require any external power to my knowledge. The replacement is a "power robbing" as maintenanceguy calls that type, made by carrier as linked above. I am...
  5. F

Single Pane Bay Windows

leave your plastic up and look into some heavy curtains, some have liners that are heavy making them a good insulator. I have a window that was installed poorly and leaks when it is windy, in the coldest months I use plastic then cover it with a thick blanket and that room stays much warmer.
  6. F

Also, a side question I have. I am connecting a heat exchanger from my wood stove to my existing furnace ducting. Air from the returns will be pushed across the exchanger and then to the hot air vents. How can I make the furnace run just the blower to maintain a temp with the...
  7. F

upon further investigation I have found out that 24v HUM is for a humidifier. :) I am thinking I will try to hook the thermostat up with out adding any extra power, and see if it works. If not, then I will tap the transformer's 24v AC side to supply power to the thermostat. I think I...
  8. F

Nooooooooooo!!!! After 113 years, Clark Candy Bars shuts down

zero bars are still pretty good to me. :)
  9. F

here is the manual for the thermostat: http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/33cs-15si.pdf I am pretty sure the existing thermostat is only using 2 or 3 wires. I think there may already be 24v ac present there but I am not sure.
  10. F

Hi guys- I want to use a 24v AC thermostat to control my goodman GM1090-3 furnace and blower. The thermostat is a carrier programmable model and I would like to run a day/nite program to cut on heat costs. I am confused where to connect the red and black thermostat wires on the furnace. I...
  11. F

need second opinion- safe elec. heater install

thanks for the tips Scuba Dave, I really think that wood heat is the answer here for this old place. I could use to weather-proof my basement too, we had double pane glass put in everywhere but the basement. For the record, the heater maker contacted me back by email today stating that they...
  12. F

not a bad idea on the sleeping bags, I have a couple around here somewhere. Well, all I can hope is that someone else can use the 208v beast and I can invest the $ into a new chimney lining. http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/mat/984556043.html Thanks guys. Sometimes it is not easy to...
  13. F

pretty similar situation here, older home with non-insulated walls. I have a couple small 110 heaters that get me by but the house is good sized. I had been using LP this season but I can't afford the 600 dollar minimum orders and I am sick of watching the tank run out before I can get it...
  14. F

to the guy who asked "why do you even need an opinion on this" well, when I have local friends telling me to just go ahead and hook the thing up, then I spot info on the unit that throws a red flag to me and here I am. I thought maybe there was a method to wire the thing correctly-...
  15. F

I just keep coming to this same spot- assuming I can pull "220" off my breaker board, what could 12 extra volts possibly hurt? Would the coil make a lil more heat or the fan turn a couple more RPM? Maybe the transformer will grenade under the extra 12 volts? I am thinking about a trial...
  16. F

still getting conflicting info. :confused: My friend's dad says to hook it up and quit being a pansy. He says I don't need a 240v model and that my breaker box won't even put out 240. He said I would be safer with this one than a 240 model. He said 2 110 hots don't even put out 220 and...
  17. F

I agree with you, I just needed to hear it from someone else for it to sink in. Your logic plays tricks on you when your house is cold. I have a PDF file that shows this same heater with an additional letter in the model number, it is the voltage selectable unit. In the same file are all...
  18. F

Hi guys, hoping someone here can help me out a bit. I just was given a really nice electric heater, like as seen here: http://www.heatersplus.com/5100.htm I have a PDF version of that page that is easier to read, and it states that my model number is 208 volts, 1 or 3 phase, 60hz. Some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks