Search results

1. SWMICH

Resin tank to seasonal campgound?

Closer to St Joe. I had to look up the spelling of yooper if that’s the connection you’re making. All troll here.
  2. SWMICH

Perfect. Thank you. I'm looking for a resin tank that I can build up. A simple in out head. Now I know to match the tube size. Thank you for sharing you're experience. If anyone near SW Michigan has an inoperative system I can salvage I'd love to here what you have.
  3. SWMICH

I'm not sure where I went wrong - but all I wanted was an in/out valve to throw my resin tank onto my trailers water connection. Possibly you haven't read the whole thread.
  4. SWMICH

And thank you Reach4 for the additional information.
  5. SWMICH

Thanks. The answer to my question is that I need a PE (exchange) valve $25 bucks.
  6. SWMICH

Because the tank will most likely last an entire "camping" season without needing to regenerate I only need to have the tank plumbed to the trailer water supply. I've got that. You did answer my question by suggesting I look for an old tank valve regardless of it functioning. I doubt though...
  7. SWMICH

Ohhh. A swing and a miss. Ha ha. YEP. A DIY exchange tank program. I have a system at home. I'd like to purchase an additional resin tank and resin. Then regenerate the new tank and take it to the campground to connect it to the RV for the summer only. The tank goes home for the winter...
  8. SWMICH

Our campground (jointly with a water treatment co.) has a nice little business of offering resin tanks to campground residents on a seasonal rental. If I wanted to DIY my own tank what valve would I use to connect to my RV. Is it simply in / out? The tanks are mounted outdoors. I have seen...
  9. SWMICH

Restore a rusty fleck 5600 valve body?

Cleaned and rebuilt the 5600 econominder. Cleaned resin with Iron Out. Definitely can detect IO in the water. Will be following the suggestion for citric acid once I can find it in larger quantities. Expecting an improvement as I move from restoration dilutions to maintenance dilutions of...
  10. SWMICH

Iron out?

I have two questions that pertains to the original Iron Out topic. I have the valve removed from my resin tank for deep cleaning/rebuilding. Can I pour IO solution directly into the resin tank to soak while I wait several days for a part to arrive? Lastly, If I soak the metering device in IO...
  11. SWMICH

What dilution do you use? Do you add it to the brine tank or use the brine hose to draw directly from the solution container? Where does one purchase a pail of citric acid? This seems like a great maintainer while the IO mentioned previously would be the better restorer. Thanks for two great...
  12. SWMICH

I am replacing all the internals on a very rusty Fleck 5600 valve body. Is there a product other than a CLR or Limeaway that I should consider? I wish I had access to an Ultrasonic but unfortunately I do not. The metering device gears move freely but I think it could be better. May I soak...
  13. SWMICH

Pressure switch cycling rapidly at cut in

It is a 4" well, probably 30 years old and it is not plastic. I suppose that means it would be cast iron but truth be known I don't know. When I bought the house I seem to remember 150' being discussed.
  14. SWMICH

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate your experience. I'll investigate the change to the constant pressure system. The tank was due to fail. The pump is long overdue but still serving us well. (pun intended...) Side question... I knowingly built a barn near the well head effectively...
  15. SWMICH

If it is waterlogged, it isn't completely waterlogged yet. Their is some pump run time. When I said the switch was cycling I meant that rather than cutting in with a single switch closing the contacts repeatedly open and close before finally seating for pump run. I think the troubling...
  16. SWMICH

History: Water line was struck in yard causing well to discharge completely. Repaired, restarted and several days later began losing house pressure. A well driller friend of the family heard my daughter complain about her showers and showed up to fix the problem. He adjusted the pressure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks