Search results

1. Scuba_Dave

How to Construct a Solar Water Heater

I'm really not interested in running 100' of copper pipe to the opposite side of the basement And then insulating it I'd much rather use that 100' of copper & build a solar system to heat my house
  2. Scuba_Dave

My drain also exits at the back of my house...where my greenhouse is located So drain water helps keep my greenhouse warm thru the winter Once I have my 4 solar panels setup for HW I will have almost 100% solar hot water from April thru at least September I spent $500 6 years ago on solar heat...
  3. Scuba_Dave

Unfortunately my WH is on the opposite side of the house as my drain To run some copper around it I would probably lose any heat gained in the added distance I do shut the drain while taking a shower to let the water heat the tub 1st Then I let it drain
  4. Scuba_Dave

Actually peak summer we have close to 70 degree water if not higher A tempering tank would buy me a lot in recovery time/longer showers I can easily run our 50g tank cold in the winter With a child in the house & older faucets/showe valves I do not keep the tank at 140+ But even when I did we...
  5. Scuba_Dave

Americans talk too much...

Brits complain too much :D
  6. Scuba_Dave

I've measured my incoming water temp as low as 35 f I've been thinking of connecting a pre-heat tank in the basement Just having another 40-50g of water at the basement temp would decrease the water heating bill
  7. Scuba_Dave

50A receptacle on 40A circuit okay?

My stove...if everything were on...could pull 58a Based on the nameplate rating
  8. Scuba_Dave

The Queen Applies For Energy Assistance Aid

I do.............................
  9. Scuba_Dave

I connected the 2nd 4x12' panel about a week ago with colder weather Now with 2 panels its still heating the hot tub to 110 f I have 4 panels approx 3x6' that I need to connect for hw With solar heat I had my ~20,000g inground pool up to 88 in July
  10. Scuba_Dave

Will Replacing a toilet really save that much water?

Say the old one is a 5g model, new one is 1.2 Per person savings, multiply by the number of people Min I'd say 3 flushes a day....old toilet 15g vs 3.6g new toilet 11.4g per day....average 30 days a month = 342g of water a month......4,104g of water a year
  11. Scuba_Dave

Review the 14th Amendment?

I'm a farmer Pretty sure every other American would become one
  12. Scuba_Dave

Sb1070

See...now you couldn't pay me to have a Trex deck installed on my house :cool:
  13. Scuba_Dave

Sb1070

I visited...I left....gas prices too high English friends moved to the US, raised 4 kids Decided to move back home to Merry Ole England after kids were older Once there they could not wait to get back to the USA
  14. Scuba_Dave

Does Home Depot "cheapen" their toilets?

My last 3 toilets have been Kohlers from HD....no problems 2 at this house - 2 bathrooms, one at last house
  15. Scuba_Dave

Solar Hot tub

I'm actually only running the solar heater on the hot tub every other day now The warm tub runs every day - It was about 102 today - if it gets too hot I cycle water to the pool The inground pool - ~19,000g - topped out at 88 degrees during a hot spell It has cooled off to just over 84 degrees...
  16. Scuba_Dave

Use a Thermostatic Mixing Valve in a Solar Hot Water heat dissipator

I have several solar heat dissipators 19,000g swimming pool, 450g hot tub, 300g ho tub
  17. Scuba_Dave

I've been heating 450g of water in my hot tub since May I changed my saltwater aquariums setup at the same time (less water to heat- one less pump), so not sure of exact savings But my electric bill dropped $100 1st month (May), $110 the 2nd month Hot tub will exceed 110 degrees with one 4x12...
  18. Scuba_Dave

Solar looks complex…but not if you have help.

Picked up 2 solar water heating panels for free that were in use for over 20 years Each panel is now heating a hot tub One tub (newer) tops out at 110, the other one (older) only gets up to 103
  19. Scuba_Dave

Gulf oil disaster

Can't burn the oil that is moving underwater This is going to make it around Florida, the the gulf stream is going to take it up the coast And they are already saying it will effect fisheries in New England The bluefins spawn in the Gulf
  20. Scuba_Dave

Mega showers have may go the way of the brass faucet!

Yeah Al Gore can use more electric in ONE year then I use in 18 YEARS He can kiss my butt
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks