Search results

1. jeffesonm

Back to back bathroom drains and vent setup

Renovating back to back bathrooms. Was hoping to keep the 1950s cast iron as the outside looked good but got a clean out off and inside looks not great. Does this look okay? Line to kitchen has its own 2” vent.
  2. jeffesonm

Ditra Heat in back to back bathrooms

Renovating two bathrooms: 5x8 with tub (hall bath) and 5x10 with shower (master). They are back to back, or I guess more like side to side? Either way they share the long wall. I was thinking it would be nice to add Ditra heat to the master and was reading up all about that as it will be my...
  3. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

Looking for some help wiring a house I've designed, and am in the process of building (you may have seen my recent plumbing post too) I've done a bunch of wiring in the past up to and including running a subpanel, but first time doing a whole house and first time with a slab. Austin, TX, 2020...
  4. jeffesonm

Help with under slab plumbing for new house

I'm building a house (my first!) and will be doing the plumbing (among other trades). You all were so helpful making my first plumbing project a success so thought I'd try my luck a second time. It's a relatively simple ~1152 sq ft, one story, 2 bed 2 bath in Austin Texas. Slab foundation...
  5. jeffesonm

Venting Arrangement for Bathroom Remodel

I am renovating a 1/2 bath into a 3/4 bath, adding a shower. I replaced my boiler last year so familiar with the supply side plumbing, but this is my first project involving waste/vent plumbing. I've done a bunch of reading and tried to design this all to code (NJ, it will be inspected) but...
  6. jeffesonm

Feedback on Bathroom Renovation

Looking for some feedback on my first bathroom renovation project. I plan to upgrade this half bath to a 3/4 bath... the room is only 5' x 6' but I'm hoping with some creativity I can make it work: Convert the regular door to a pocket door Use wall mount toilet, sink and panel radiator/towel...
  7. jeffesonm

Help Replacing an Old Boiler

I would like to replace my 1957 giant beast of an oil boiler (see pics here) There's nothing wrong with it per say, it's just big, old, over sized, and probably inefficient. I'm planning to move away for a few years and rent my home, and I don't want this thing to break while I'm gone and have...
  8. jeffesonm

Can I hookup a dishwasher here?

Hi all, It looks like at some point in time there was a washing machine in my kitchen. There are hookups for hot and cold water and what looks like a drain (see pictures, below). There is an outlet right next to these that is on its own 20 amp circuit. My question is, can I hookup a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks