Search results

1. Festivus

Hammer Arrestor Installation Help

Got banging when the dishwasher shuts off. Seems to be the only thing that causes the hammer. Here's what I have under the kitchen sink: Looks like a 3/8 down to a 1/2. So, where to install the arrestor? Can I do this without any soldering? Also, the 1/2 copper tube to the...
  2. Festivus

Mysterious Drop Ceiling Water Stain

Got a finished basement and the the wife noticed a water stain on the ceiling tile right below the gas intake pipe. There are some water line pipes near the area but nothing directly above the spot and no visible moisture now, as you can see from the pics. Still, I'm a bit worried. The...
  3. Festivus

Basement Sewage Issues

I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to this stuff but I like to do things myself to save money. Here's my issue: We finished our basement 2 years ago. We have an issue with the sewage drain pipe from the 3/4 bath in the basement. It clogs sometimes. Typically after my son uses the...
  4. Festivus

Replacing outdoor frost-free faucet

I posted a thread a long while back about fixing a leaking outdoor faucet. I tried to replace the washer at the end of the stem and it didn't fix the badly leaking faucet. Apparently either the seat is really bad or the mechanism just isn't properly sealing. So, it looks like I'm going to...
  5. Festivus

Faucet Dripping - Next Step?

I think that I have a Moen in my small downstairs half bath. A piece on it had the number 100484. Don't know if that means anything. I'm obviously a novice. Anyway, it's been on a slow drip for a while now. I got it apart as far as this pic shows. Now what? I can't seem to go any...
  6. Festivus

Outdoor Faucet Leaking Badly

I have an outdoor frost-free faucet, not sure what brand (although the handle has a plate on it that reads 'proflow'), that does more than drips. Even when I turn it off as tightly as I can, water still comes out pretty strongly. I can hear it running in the house. For now I have the inside...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks