Search results

1. Plumguy

size of shower drain pipe

As long as it is properly vented 2" is suffice for a shower.
  2. Plumguy

Repair damaged door jamb

You could try larger dowels except this time use Gorilla glue as opposed to regular wood glue(assuming that is what you used). It is worth the try and a lot less work then replacing the whole section.
  3. Plumguy

Is Kohler losing it?

As far as I'm concerned every company has "lost it" ever since they went public and turned their back on our industry!!
  4. Plumguy

Drip Legs On Gas Lines

Here it is called a "sediment trap" and must be installed on the inlet of all appliances except clothes dryers,ranges,outdoor grilles and illuminating appliances. They also cannot be installed outside in case they were to collect condensate and freeze. In all the ones I have removed I have never...
  5. Plumguy

Recommend best drain/overflow assembly for new tubs?

I agree they do get sticky and I have even had to lightly sand one because of lack of use. I have two problems with the plastic one's; First is the trusting the connection on the bottom of the tub they all seem flimsy and cheap. However I have great luck with 2" pvc shower...
  6. Plumguy

I have yet to come across a "frozen" stopper, however I have replaced many face plates. I have also replaced many plastic units that are plain junk...I have yet to find one that I think is worth trying.
  7. Plumguy

Pipe Dope On Teflon Tape?

And for some strange reason I still keep a small ball of wicken on the truck...it took me a long time to change (trust factor) over to teflon tape.
  8. Plumguy

I only use brass waste and overflows such as Gerber. If you occasionally clean and grease the stopper you will have no problems. I would stay away from plastic ones.
  9. Plumguy

Basement Rough In

That is definately the easiest way by means of an estabrook fitting to stack vent the bath,however I can't recall ever having that much room underground to utilizing one. But it is an option that should always be left open and toilets here are considered legal cleanouts.
  10. Plumguy

Basement Rough In

This drawing is fine as long as all you're underground is 2" not 1 1/2. On you're 3x2 wye install a street 45 and roll the wye so the bottom of the 45 is at the centerline of the 3". Then right after the 2" 45 install a 2" wye and again install a st. 45 in the branch and roll the wye above the...
  11. Plumguy

backed up drain & sewer gas

Usually when there is a floor drain in a residence it has a combination main drain that handles all plumbing fixtures plus storm drains(roof leaders,gutters,etc.). This might be why you're experiencing this problem during or just after rainstorms. You could have you're main inspected(camera)...
  12. Plumguy

new tub leaking!

Sounds like you need to contact the installer...if possible!
  13. Plumguy

What size air compressor is necessary?

Good Idea! My compressor is not big enough to do it on a daily basis. But, if I got a lot of calls for it.... I would probably sub it out instead of investing in and transporting a large compressor.
  14. Plumguy

Pressure test

When I test with water I usually glue an 1 1/2 pvc female adapter onto the lav drain. Then install 1 1/2 x 1/2 blk or galvy bushing into the fem adapter and then srew in a 1/2 boiler drain or draw off same thing. Hook up garden hose and you're good to go! Of course don't forget to plug the other...
  15. Plumguy

What size air compressor is necessary?

The compressor I use for winterizing and testing is a Sears Craftsman 3gallon 1.5 hp 150psi max(?). The tank is hot dog style,which I think was discontinued and replaced with a pancake style (2hp,4gal). I think they are around $200.00. I only winterize a couple of systems a year and yes I...
  16. Plumguy

Corroded bathtub in a concrete condo - solutions?

Yes, Ask them the question I posted in thread #3.
  17. Plumguy

Shimming a toilet - best way

I have never broke a toilet removing or installing regardless of the circumstances. Although, code requires sealing the finish product I have never had a problem with installing a water closet properly!! In 20+ years that is a pretty good record in the MA area!! Although were all trained to be...
  18. Plumguy

Yes it has helped! Find a plumber capable and willing to do the job!
  19. Plumguy

I agree the plumber should be able to make the connection. Wether it is thru the wall on the side of the drain or preinstalling the waste and overflow before setting the tub. Ask the plumber this...How would you install a tub if it was on a concrete slab in a tight 5' bath??
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks