Search results

1. K

Water Softener Causing Water Hammer

The pressure falls to 30 and comes back up to 60 at it highest. I have noticed the hammer a few times over the past year only when I happen to be awake during the regeneration in the middle of the night. I am pretty sure it is the softener because this is the only appliance using any water when...
  2. K

The pump is outside in a pit in the ground so I cant hear it kicking on or off when I am running water in the house but the guage at the bladder tank doesnt drop below 30 psi. The pressure guage drops and rises slowly and doesnt jump around. The weather here is bad so I am hoping that watching...
  3. K

Thanks guys. I will have to check the pressure tank and switch guages as suggested. I still was wondering abotu an answer to me earlier question though. Can hammer occur beyond the softener, in between it and the rest of the system?
  4. K

Ok. So what is the right configuration? The tank has about 10 feet of pipe between it and the softener, the first 6 of which runs straight and parallel to the floor before taking a 90 degree up for a few feet and the elbowing again for a few more feet into the softener. Is it most likely...
  5. K

Hello everyone. First time poster looking for some good advice on to solve a serious water hammer problem. I am just a home owner with zero technical knowledge when it come to plumbing. First, some information that may be helpful. Then again, it may not. I am just trying to anticipate what may...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks