Search results

1. spicoli

Drains sucking air

So the floor is up and the drain for the shower is a T into the 3 inch draining the toilet, which is upstream of the shower. Can i ptrap the shower and be fine or do i have to reverse the toilet and shower locations?
  2. spicoli

Drains sucking air

Here are up to date pics of what's up, i just poured water down teh shower drain right before takin the picture so i'm f'ed i'd say since there is no p trap from what i can tell. Also, there is suction down the shower drain if teh toilet is capped, if it's uncapped, there seems to be no air...
  3. spicoli

Drains sucking air

The pic is older, the diagram shows how the pipes are now. Everything drains great, but i'm worried the lack of a trap, at least from what i can tell will be a problem in the future. PS, thanks for the help guys
  4. spicoli

Drains sucking air

No pics for now, but the shower pan is in already, and the vent is connected to the main stack. the sink is not in, and the toilet drain is capped. I'll try to draw a pic. also, can i add a p trap further down the line, so i don't have to rip out the shower base?
  5. spicoli

Drains sucking air

Ok, so i have poured water down the shower drain, but i still have the same issue, does this mean i have no ptrap installed? also how far down the line can i add one? Could it be 20" down the run?
  6. spicoli

Drains sucking air

So i have nothing to worry about?
  7. spicoli

Drains sucking air

My basement at my house had 4 pipes comming out of the ground 1 for toilet 1 for sink, 1 for shower and 1 vent for the toilet. My problem is that all pipes "suck air" like if i hold a lighter to the pipe it sucks the flame in, what would cause this, also this has already been connected to a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks